Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Purple Hat Wisdom
1/10/2008 5:09:56 PM

Hi Judy,

As the others, I also enjoyed the read and I also have read it many times before. Each time I have felt something different as it was read at a different time in my life. As you and most of the others know, Momma has stage 4 colon cancer. I live 500 miles from her and it's not possible to see her as often I would like. I do know that, as you said, regrets are not useful and only hurt us due to the negative aspects. I keep reminding myself this is about Momma and not about "my feelings". I call more often than I used to. They say Laughter is the best medicine! Check out Joe's joke threads - cure you of anything - hehehe

Thanks again Judy,

Prayers for those with an illness of any kind, especially the fatal diseases. I pray they not only get a miracle, but have lots of Angels watching over them and as Sarah says lots of Angel cuddles.

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2008 8:17:07 PM

Hello, my friend, Val!!

Thanks so much for your post.  As usual you come from your heart. That is one of the things I love the most about you. 

I too have read this many times, and in various stages of my life.  Each time I  get something new from it. 

You know I have your Momma and your family in my prayers and I will continue to keep you there along Fionnuala's husband. 

I brought this from Joe's POTY forum.  It was in his bio and again, I have read it so many times, but this time, it brought something different to me:

"Work as if you have no money. Love as if you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. And live everyday as if it were your last"

If we all read that every day at the beginning of the day, it might just make a difference.

Blessings, Val and lots of hugs!!

Judy

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2008 11:44:49 PM
"Thank You Judy For Your Announcement"

Housework, if you do it right, will kill you.
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2008 12:32:35 PM

Hi Steven,

I love the puddy cat!!

Erma B is one of the funniest people I have ever read - some of her one-liners are incredible!!!

Have a fantastic day!!!

Judy

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2008 3:12:07 PM

Hello Judy,

Thank you so much for your bio of Erma Bombeck.  She is an icon of life, period.   Not just american, all races, all of life......

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!