Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE - SECOND EDITION
1/9/2008 1:58:29 PM

Hello Pauline,

Thank you for your most caring message to Mary.  Once she learns how to navigate around Adland she will be all set.  I have been trying to help her by email and phone and then my satellite has not been up to par, so I have spent some time offline.  I will show her tomorrow when she comes to visit me.

Did you happen to hear her radio show?  It will be up until Saturday but will always be available on the archives.  Mary is an ordinary person and more humble than other ordinary people.  She has a love and trust for God that comes out in a most simple yet beautiful way.  In her simplicity, she packs a powerful punch.   

The part of the show that struck the chords of my heart was when she walks into the hospital room and sees Donnie.  The doctor tells her to call all the relatives because Donnie will not make it.  And quite simply she replies.... "What do you mean?  You ain't God."  Obviously frustrated, the doctor states to his colleague out loud.  "We have a religious fanatic on our hands."  Thirty-one days later Donnie comes out of his coma and the doctors are amazed.  And if you know Mary, you can picture her so clearly as she says..... "Well, well.... Now, ain't God good."  The rest of that part of the story touches your very soul and you are left awestruck.

Hugs,

Luella 

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2008 2:28:28 PM

In Memory

John Elliott

I was sure I felt his touch today, in the wind that gently passed by.

And that was when I heard an angel say, "His spirit will never die."

I thought I saw his face today, in a beam of the morning sun.

And then I heard the angel say, "His work on earth is done."

I know I heard his voice today, then laugh his gentle laugh.

And then I heard the angel say, "He has taking Heavens path."

I dreamt I saw a broken heart, in the crescent of the moon.

And then I heard the angel say, "The Lord will be coming soon."

I thought that he had left us, for the stars so far above.

And then I heard the angel say, "He left us with his love."

I thought we would all miss you so, and never find our way.

And then I heard the angel say, "He will be with you every day."

"The stars, the moon and Heaven above, will forever be around,

reminding us of the love he shared, and the peace he has finally found."

By Nick Sym

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2008 10:07:33 AM

Dear Nick,

You have composed this poem for me? It is the most beautiful thing that has ever been done for me.  I thank you for the love with which you have done this with and I truly feel blessed.

Of course you know you have touched my heart strings greatly and I sit here in tears.  Yet my emotions are not one of sadness.  I'm not sure what they are at this point.

The strange thing is that I feel his presence.  No, not in a ghostly sort of way.  LOL  Just like I feel my mother's presence.  I guess that the best description of all is that the bonds of love in no way end with death.  That has been proven with my mother.  One day I will tell you the story of when after her funeral I was in terrible grief and crying profusely and out of nowhere, a distant acquaintance that was not even aware that my mother had passed sent me one of those emails that you forward along to everyone.... And the title was..... "I am waiting for you."  And the poem describes a mother speaking to her daughter telling her not to worry because she is happy and until you get here and we can have fun again I am waiting for you.  That is why I tell everyone that death in no way is a goodbye.  It is a so long.  Instead of moving to the other side of the continent, they have moved a bit further.

Thank you Nick for the love you show in your special way individually to all of us.  You have given me the greatest gift ever.

Love and Hugs,

Luella

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2008 12:30:32 PM

Hello Luella May,

Great feature.......Thank you again.....

Hello Mary,

Wonderful bio, than you for sharing your story....

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2008 5:02:55 PM

Thank you Jo!  Bless your heart!

Hugs,

Luella