Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Time to honor the winner of the 124th Person of the Week award!!!
12/10/2007 6:30:54 AM

Person of the Week    NUMBER 124!!! Person of the Week

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Pauline Raina!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

POTW forum Partners Pauline Raina and John Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

This week's winner of the Person of the Week award is a dear lady from the State of Louisiana, her name is Joyce Parker-Hyde. Joyce is one of AdlandPro's Angels and promoters of goodwill in the community. She is long overdue for this honor so we won't delay her special moment any more. Congratulations Joyce on your much deserved POTW win!  :-)

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Joyce's Bio:

I was on the phone with my daughter when the email came through saying I had won POTW!
How perfect-we were talking once again about the different person I have become in the last few years.
When I was raising her brother and her, I was mostly a beauty consultant and a true southern belle; which boils down to looking good and spending money.
Somehow, in my mid thirties, I decided to take an adventurous path to "find" myself and discover everything there was to discover.

I've told parts and portions of my life all over the place so I won't go into a whole lot in this limited space; just that the "who" that I am at this moment has been shaped more than you would think by the time I have spent online with my friends at AdlandPro.
In these forums I have been able to freely express myself as I have endured the radical changes occuring both around me and inside me on a daily basis; a bit more dramatic perhaps than most but I have learned to deal with it in these pages.

I started out with simple goals back in 2003-learn how to email and surf! That's it.
I liked winning contests in my bathrobe.
My house is at least 110 years old so it is always either too hot and humid to do anything or bone chilling cold - I have to go outside and stand in the sun to warm up; and by the time you get the heaters co-ordinated, the weather changes and you are sweating again.
I met my first international friend Bianca and got hooked on all things Yorgoo.
http://www.incomealley.com
The training I got and the realationships I formed there are priceless.
I knew, however, that I would have to leave them to return to a literal war zone and that the idllyic life I had led while in exile in Memphis would have to end.
Enter - AdlandPro. I could escape from the rigors of a city torn apart by natural disaster and centuries old traditions and hatreds and bizarre political practices that boggle the mind to have to deal with.

My nature is to do at least a dozen things at one time and the forums helped me to focus.
I've been working on the yard since March and it has developed itself into a paradise. God willing I willl have a real life business going in a few days (think pecans)!
I am going to send I hope the final revisions to my new website today, and am waiting for a new digital camera to arrive in the mail (I don't do malls).

I get strength and energy from an ever incresing faith in God; reverance for my ancestors; hope, loe and encouragement from my friends.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I was born on March 18, 1949 in New Orleans, LA to single mother Annabelle Parker in Flint Goodridge hospital, which was the training hospital for the nurses of Dilard University.
Interestingly enough, I just read today that it is to be a residence for the elderly.
I led a magical life as an only child. I was Dollbaby's Doll.
They said my mother was so beautiful they would sit her in the middle of the dining table. She was called Dollbaby her whole life.
I was always small so I learned manipulating techniques early, so naturally I was attracted to sales.
I could never adjust to working jobs, never staying longer than a year in any one place.

If you stripped away all the different careers I have tried, the one constant is writing.
I have always written, about everything, mostly my feelings and observations of life.
My friend Gregory Wolfe, whom I have not seen here in quite awhile, was the first to kind of shake my shoulders to encourage me to get serious.
Then when Luella May published her book, I was a little more alert.
Then Sammi just took it out of my hands and published my article.
So I can now officially claim to be a writer.
I am living back in New Orleans after a twenty year absence, just in time to create a new resource
for the community in the home that was left to me by my mother.
History is very important to me and I am blessed to be living in a historic time.
Thank you all for your continued support and for this tremendous honor.
Thank you John and Pauline for your friendship and example.

Joyce

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

We hope you were blessed by this sweet lady's Bio as we were. Now please take the time to congratulate her on her POTW win and please invite her to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Joyce, thank you for always being a good friend and supporter of the community and our projects. Have a very blessed week!  ;-)

Love and blessings to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Pauline Raina

Folks, if you haven't voted for next week's POTW(number 125) you still can at:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/898442.aspx

If you haven't voted for the 18th Photo of the Week you still can at:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/897505.aspx

Oh, don't forget to vote for Forum of the Year at the BFA poll. If the Feature of the Week aka Person of the Week has blessed you in any way please consider voting for us, thank you!:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/897490.aspx

+0
Re: Time to honor the winner of the 124th Person of the Week award!!!
12/10/2007 6:33:04 AM

Hello Joyce and Everyone at AdlandPro!  8)

Joyce, Pauline is having computer problems and is having her hard-drive replaced so she couldn't be here but wanted me to post this for her:

Dear Joyce,

Enjoy your most deserved and overdue win lady, we luv you!!

many blessings

Pauline R

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2007 6:39:23 AM
Hi John and Pauline, excellent job with Joyce Hyde's presentation... as usual!  LOL!!!

!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Joyce,

I hope you know how blessed WE are for you finding Adland.  There is this presence of wisdom about you that is so intriguing. 

Here is to finding yourself... and us!

Enjoy your wonderful week as our POTW Queen!

Joe
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/10/2007 7:24:41 AM

Hi John & Pauline,

Thanks for another great POTW.

Congratulations Joyce enjoy your week in the limelight.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
12/10/2007 7:28:32 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! My Friend Joyce.
Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!