Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Cinnamon !
2/20/2008 1:18:01 PM

2. Calories Count -- Your goal is to eat as much as possible while still losing fat. For example, if I can get you to lose 1 to 2 pounds of fat per week on 1,400 calories per day, I'm on track. If I try to accelerate the process and lower your calories to 1,200, I sabotage your efforts. Anything more than a 2-pound loss per week will strip muscle tissue and give one a soft look.

A good example is the person who goes on a crash diet and ends up thin but still soft and flabby when they get to their goal weight. This takes place because they lost not only fat, but also valuable muscle. They lowered calories too much, lost at too fast of a rate and did not try to eat the optimal amount of calories for fat loss.

3. Eat Breakfast -- A balanced breakfast comprised of carbohydrates, protein and a little fat is a critical start to the day. The point of consuming breakfast is that it breaks the fast from an overnight sleep. In addition, breakfast will rev the metabolism for the rest of the day. This is your first opportunity of the day to get blood sugar back to a balanced state after the all night fast and is critical for sustaining fat loss.

4. Ratios count! A calorie is not a calorie -- Do you know those people who tell you to simply lower your calories to lose fat? The people who never mention protein, carbohydrates or fats? They're wrong.

Protein, carb and fat ratios are important. The correct ratios (which can vary depending on an individual's response to food) help to stabilize blood sugar levels, which helps to increase energy and fat loss. Generally, 40 percent to 50 percent of carbohydrates, 25 percent to 30 percent protein and 20 percent to 30 percent of healthy fats is the best starting place.

Carbs are necessary for energy and not the enemy everyone makes them out to be. The key is how much you consume. Protein is also critical to build and retain muscle tissue, which in turn helps to burn more fat.

Finally, good dietary fats are extremely important. They help to balance hormonal levels, increase strength and create satiety (fullness). If you're looking for a plan that takes this into account I recommend eDiets GI plan (Glycemic Impact Diet).

5. Weight Training -- To affect muscle versus fat ratios you have to train with weights or perform some type of resistance training. An intense weight workout lasting no more than 60 minutes is the most efficient route to go. You don't have to workout with a bodybuilding routine, but you do need to work the entire body approximately three alternate days per week.

6. Cardio -- Cardio should be approached as a tool to lose fat. It should not be used as a never ending event in the hope that all body fat will magically burn off. Excessive cardio is counter productive and will burn not only fat, but also valuable muscle tissue.

If fat loss is not taking place, increase the intensity of your session, not the time. The key is to perform all that is necessary -- and no more than that. This is accomplished by incorporating interval cardio training (integrating slower levels of intensity for several minutes with very high levels for several minutes). Intervals are great for boosting the metabolism and creating more of a post caloric burn (calories burned 24 hours after the workout.

7. Water Intake -- From the standpoint of water intake and fat loss, you want to be in a position where the liver is converting stored fat to energy. The liver has other functions, but this is one of its main jobs. Unfortunately, another of the liver's duties is to pick up the slack for the kidneys, which need plenty of water to work properly (more than most people realize).

If the kidneys are water-deprived, the liver has to do the work of the kidneys along with its own (lowering its total productivity in the process). The liver then can't metabolize fat as quickly or efficiently. If you allow this to happen, you're setting yourself up to store fat because you've made the liver less efficient at turning stored body fat to energy.

Usually if you multiply .55 times your weight, that should be enough in ounces of water to suffice. Water is the underrated fat-loss tool.

8. Discipline -- This is the seldom used word in the fitness industry. As I mentioned earlier, you'll read a lot about the new magic workout, the new magic diet, the machine that's sure to burn fat off your butt, etc. It's all a bunch of nonsense.

It's about doing the right thing and the hard thing at times. One day of discipline leading to another day of discipline. You build your body and your mind simultaneously. Without this, every point I've made above is fruitless. The good thing is anyone can do it -- if they choose to.

Looking for more information? Join eDiets
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2008 10:21:00 PM
Facts about Cinnamon and Honey !

What is the only food that doesn't spoil     ...    HONEY !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2008 10:25:40 PM
It is found that a mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the human diseases.  Honey is produced in most of the countries of the World !

Heart Diseaes:  Make a  paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply to whole grain breads, chappatie .. instead of jelly, jam....   and eat it regularly for breakfast.  It reduces cholessterol in arteries and saves you from heart attack, stroke... 
Also those who already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.

Ayurvedic as well as Yunani medicine have been using honey as a vital medicine for centuries !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2008 11:25:03 AM
INSECT BITES !  Take one part honey to two parts lukewarm water, add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder, make a paste and massage it on he itching part of body slowly.  It is noticed that the pain recedes within a minute or two.

Making a baking soda paste to put one insect bites works well also.   Even for Brown Recluse Spiders, scorpion bites...   I have used it for both, it draws out the irritants of the bite and you heal faster.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2008 11:29:25 AM
It is found that a mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the human diseases.  Honey is produced in most of the countries of the World !

Heart Diseaes:  Make a  paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply to whole grain breads, chappatie .. instead of jelly, jam....   and eat it regularly for breakfast.  It reduces cholessterol in arteries and saves you from heart attack, stroke... 
Also those who already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.

Ayurvedic as well as Yunani medicine have been using honey as a vital medicine for centuries !

Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat.  In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as we age he arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged.  Hone and cinnamon revitalizes the arteries and veins.

Eating more natural, basic foods can improve your health and quality of life.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!