Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: pay the ferryman
12/14/2007 4:20:20 PM

Hi Mary,

Thank you Mary, I do know I have not the ownership in wisdom, I would like to have discussions and to deepen serious matters concerning our well being and of course humanty. That I live for, I write because I care, but I'm in no way a honey pot.

Take care,

Bernd

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2007 4:29:00 PM
Hi Bernd, This past week having been nominated for the POTW award was such a learning lesson. I had to pay the ferryman. Those who failed to heed that requirement wondered why votes were not coming in. Business was laid aside to reach friends, assisted many persons new to Adlandpro, expanded my friends list, created contacts while trying to build enthusiasm for POTW. Spending time reaching and encouraging others paid off. I received many lovely notices (that is most important), second I added 5 people to my uvme.biz opportunity. Yes, I won the award and will be featured next week. Sometimes it pays to overpay the ferryman and forget about ourselves. It all comes back 10 fold. Some say you can never outgive which really should be overgive. At times I regreted being involved but now I wouldn't pass up the experience if asked again. It was a learning lesson.
+0
12/14/2007 4:50:24 PM

This is good reading, I love it!!  You could be referring to some of my writing.  I have never had it 'reviewed by expert', so I know I made some mistakes but I wrote it as directed from the heart.

Your honesty is what I truly like.  What fun you must have had with your friend while proofing, rewriting, and revising his work!  Your actions at not being recognized were of great quality.  It is a saying here in this country "What goes 'round, comes 'round". 

I look forward to more of your writing and also to being friends, I just sent you a request.

Sam Sunday is featuring my article in "Article of Virtue" if you have not visited.

Sara

+0
12/15/2007 7:23:59 AM

Hi Mary,

First receive my congratulations, for the excellent work you have done, you sure deserve the honor being "Person of the week". But for me you are more, much more. You are my friend. It pleases me very much, that we enjoy lessons we learn together, and thanks for the support others don't see. I truly look forward to the many exchanges still to come. We keep our heads and backs straight and tell every body who likes to know,

old teachers still have class,

Best wishes,

Bernd

+0
12/15/2007 7:45:38 AM

Hi Sara,

what a pleasant surprise, many thanks for the compliments and the enthusiastic reply. Yes I have read your articles and you are plain right. Please let me explain my reviewing on any article I give an opinion. First I do never look or search for mistakes, this would be silly. Everybody who works makes mistakes. Thus the person who claims to be free of them, .............

What I look for is the intent, the soul of the writer, I read between the lines, one of my reasons to avoid translations, because then I will read the thoughts of the translator, these are most of the time of no interest.

A song pops up in my mind " Oh Lord, my intentions are good, so please, don't let me be misunderstood"

And I did understand your message very well, good written and indeed straight from your heart, my opinion , I added a valuable friend and a new pearl to my necklace. Keep on going, you pleased me very well and you will enjoy many others too. If they try to figure out what makes your heart tick.

Best wishes and "skol" on our new friendship,

Bernd

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!