Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: the human psycho-Biocomputer
12/6/2007 12:24:12 PM

Hi Bernd,

This article is quite amazing and I'll have to read it a few more times to fully understand and digest all that you wrote.

One thought struck me as I was reading your reply to Mary. You wrote:

The subconscious mind cannot distinct between reality and fantasy.For the subconscious mind it doesn't  matter, every experience we ever have, had or even imagined in future are simple energy patterns, which are stored and creating new paths in our neural network.

If what you write is true doesn't that negate the supposed benfits of psychologists and psychiatrists?? They are in most cases working with the subconscious and if the brain can't distinguish between reality and fantasy what good can they do? Fantasy becomes reality and vice versa??!!

I never was a great believer in therapy and the only benefit of it is to fill the  pocket of the therapist (my opinion). Your article if I understood it correctly only strengthens that belief.

Please explain Shambhala. I'm not familiar with this term.

Best wishes & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
12/6/2007 2:29:55 PM

Hi Peter,

You are right in your reply with some restrictions I have to add, just to a certain point. If it is done correctly a psychologist or a psychiatrist can be of some great help. I will not bother anyone with theories of Jung or Freud. I prefer more Dante Aligheri and his  "Divina Commedia " but we put this aside.

Our conscious mind is a "Bouncer " a guard at the door to the unconscious level. Everything you think with the conscious mind our unconscious mind is not interested in. The door is simply closed. Because the many processes the unconscious performs are keeping you alive, need to be protected. On the other way unconscious to conscious there is no barrier. We think in many patterns of all we are concerned interested in or just dream about. The unconscious mind needs simple clear orders given at a high emotional state.

An example:if a married couple lives together many happy years, and than of a sudden one of them passes away. The emotional pain of the surviver is great, and if he or she creates the thought " I would like to be dead too ". This is an emotional simple clear order to the subconscious mind and it will be executed. That is the main reason why many of the old singles die within a year after they have buried their loved one.

If any one is confused about his fantasy or his reality specially when both are mixed up. A good analyst can be helpful to straiten out a confused mind.

" Shambhala" fairy land of wizards in Tibet, the world we wish to live in.

Thank you a lot Peter, I really appreciate your skillful thinking and your kind pressure to explain my writing

May I be so free to copy your greeting "Shalom" and Best wishes

Bernd

+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2008 12:29:32 PM

Bernd,

My favorite subject - the brain. For your readers that need more explanation about the conscious and unconscious , there is a movie called "What the bleep Do We Know" . This movie does a very good job of explaining this and some quantum mechanics. You may need to watch the movie several times to really get the most out of it. I understand we retain only 10% of what we see/hear.

Our thoughts are VERY powerful. As we learn to control those thoughts, we gain new insights into how we shape our daily lives.

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless 

+0
1/16/2008 2:40:22 PM

Hi Valerie,

thanks a lot for your post. If you are interested in more about brain related issues, please visit my website and read the brain part. I you wish you can download some e-books.

The movie is great and indeed more people should watch it.

Sorry that I have to correct your understanding about what you or better we  retain. The little 3 pound organ retains everything you/we  have experienced in our whole live with our senses. The only little trick is, how do we remember, or better how we can access the gigantic library of information at will.

Our thoughts are very powerful, if we think correctly.

Controlled thinking is indeed the wright way, but first you/we have to explore what you/we think and why these thoughts are your/our daily thoughts and so on ........

We will discuss this issue many times to come.

Till we do it right,

I'm pleased to have you here,

Best wishes Bernd

+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2008 4:52:22 PM

Bernd,

I don't not  mind corrections. If I understand you correctly. My brain stores everything around, problem is learning where the files are stored so I can access them. Sort of like when I first learned how to use a computer. I had a hard time remembering where I put all those files I saved. Took me months to rememer where I put them. Which hard drive? Which file and/or file with in a file?

Maybe I should have originally said we can only "find" 10% of what we see/hear? LOL

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Blessings

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!