Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Berries, Berries, Berries !
12/3/2007 1:50:14 PM
Day 21 - Laughter

There's been something funny going on at Loma Linda University and there are two doctors right in the middle of it.  We're talking about Dr. Lee Berk and Dr. Stanley Tan, and they've been studying the effects of laughter on the human immune system. To date, their published studies have shown that laughing lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones, increases muscle range of motion, and boosts immune system function. Laughter also triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, and produces a general sense of well-being. This exciting research was featured in the September / October 1996 issue of the Humor and Health Journal. 

We all know that a good laugh leaves us feeling great.  That wonderful, euphoric, post-laugher feeling is a type of "positive stress" that produces healthy and positive emotions. After a good laugh, your immune system also seems to "turn it up a notch".    

Your body steps up production of natural killer cells that attack viral infected cells and some types of cancer and tumor cells.

Your body activates more cancer fighting T cells.

Your body increases the antibodies that fight upper respiratory tract insults and infections.

Your body produces more gamma interferon, an antiviral protein that "turns on" the various parts of your immune system.

Laughing is good exercise. It provides a workout for your diaphragm and increases your body's ability to use oxygen while it brings in positive emotions that can actually reduce pain.  In a study published in the Journal of Holistic Nursing, patients were told "one-liners" after surgery and before painful medication was administered. Those exposed to humor perceived less pain when compared to the others.

So laugh hard, laugh often and give your body the benefit of friuts and veggies every day.  Have you tried Phi Plus yet? We call it "The Healthiest Food In The World" because its a potent combination of fruits, nuts, seeds, berries, vegetables and spices - convenient whole body nutrtion in each and every bite.

Visit The Wholefood Farmacy for Delicious Healthy Foods and snacks !
Awesome soups for winter !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 1:52:01 PM
Marilyn,

I agree the fruit sticks are awesome !  Great, healthy snack !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 1:56:14 PM
Steven Suchar,

Thanks !

Berries, Berries, Berries !   I love them !
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 11:32:40 PM
Good information, Linda. I tend to laugh quite a bit. I see humor in a lot of situations. It is nice to read that it is healthy too! :) DonnaZ
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 11:43:44 PM
Donna,

Live, Love, Laugh, Laugh, Laugh !
+0

facebook