Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Open Source for the Human Soul
12/1/2007 10:18:06 AM

This is a quiet place in cyberspace
devoted to religious tolerance and scholarship in general, devoted to the abilities of our self,  beyond any imagination and devoted to strong woman and men
from past, present and future.

to change history, we have to change as well

The Bible is considered a sacred text by three major world religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Many devout believers consider it to be the literal truth. Others treat it with great respect, but believe that it was written by human beings and, as such is a complex, often contradictory document.

I added this in answering a mail from a caring and strong lady,

never give up the battle for a better world to live in

best wishes to you all

Bernd

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Open Source for the Human Soul
12/6/2007 11:40:05 AM

Hi Bernd,

It must also be a very lonely place in cyberspace.

Religious tolerance is a topic that almost everybody claims to uphold and respect but do they in fact "talk the talk and walk the walk" or is it just something they say because they know it's what you want to hear.

Scholarship??? Most people don't read anymore so not many potential scholars. And I'm not talking about university students.

As I said earlier, cyberspace must be a lonely place. :(

Nice thoughts, wish they could come to be.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 9:15:35 AM

Hi Bernd,

Nice to see a quiet little spot here in  Adlandpro for tolerance and acceptance of each others views.

However, you haven't drawn exactly a huge crowd.  But that is good because the chance of bigitry  becomes smaller.  So far no one needs to fake tolerance just so they can join your forum.

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 11:29:23 AM

Hi Bernd,

That was quite a statement Mary. Unfortunately I do agree with most of it. I've witnessed to many "folk" claiming love for all, tolerance for all religions and then forget the eternal love and tolerance a minute later.

That's why I said that there are only a few that really talk the talk and walk the walk.

The reality is that finding a quiet spot where one can expand ones thoughts with a few like minded people is good since you really can't do that when it is full of people that are spouting what they think you want to hear.

Oh well, many may not like the above but cest lavie.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2008 11:50:28 AM

Hello Bernd,

Thanks for opening a discussion that I feel that I do have an opinion on and can discuss without fear of precaution. 

Your quote by the lady "never give up the battle for a better world to live in " truly opens the mind a bit after reading the preface to this discussion.

First I believe that one must define the scope of world.  Many live as if we are on islands safe from the outside world.  So our islands may be quite enjoyable, peaceful and in need of less change, when compared to other islands.  We must agree that the scope of the world is that all the islands connect and are relative to the other.

The referenced text for this discussion in my opinion were written by witnesses and the value of the text is to serve as a auto-biography of the times.  I agree that "as such is a complex, often contradictory document."  As it tends to define the problem/challenge/cause/mistakes  discuss the positive and negative and then provide the solution used at the time. 

Discussions with others are what makes the differences in many cases. 

Thanks Bernd

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!