Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: A message for the US...
11/26/2007 3:49:39 PM
My dear Joyce,

I feel honoured that you spent your day taking the time to post on my forum and sharing a part of you with me.  I feel like I celebrated with you all as well.  Everyone here made it feel like a special time for me as well.  Thank you.  I feel lucky to have met you.

So your daughter is in Virginia? .... well, next year... hopefully, if I get my thesis finished in time ... I should be there too to present it ... so, perhaps we can have a reunion to celebrate all together.  That would be VERY nice!!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on the POTW .... My vote is cast .... you among all people deserve this honour ... I would love to see you crowned as queen of AdlandPro.

I am rooting for you.
Love n hugs

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/26/2007 3:56:50 PM
Hi Joe

Thank you for sharing this special day with us.  Everyone made it feel like I was actually a part of the big picture!!!

The Christmas dish thing sounds fascinating.  I guess you could say that over here I get pretty much a taste of different traditions as well. 

In the hotels we have the traditional turkey lunch for the guests, (I think I mentioned this).  Then, I have many Italian friends who cook up Italian dishes and then, of course, Madeiran culture serves up completely different dishes.  It's quite amazing how an island our size is so avantguard in many ways.

So, you have never tried a mince pie ... well, I have never tried egg nog ... so ... well... may one day ... I'll send you some mince pies from the UK and you can send me a recipe for egg nog ... now that should be interesting ... since I have no clue what it is ... I just know that on the American Christmas soaps ... everyone's drinking it!!! LOL

Take care and best wishes

Venerina
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/26/2007 4:00:00 PM
Hello Beryl ...

Thank you for sharing your day with us and being here in my forum.  Technology certainly is a wonderful thing.  We can be so many miles away and yet be so close at the same time.  The remarkable friendships that can be made through this medium are truly a treasure find.

Have a wonderful week and be blessed

Namaste
Venerina
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2007 8:20:32 PM
Thank you and all of our friends for supporting me in this; you know I was very shy about accepting the nomination because as I have said I use AdlandPro for therapy-so I kept voting for the others. But I am within days of being able to publish my own site (A Portal linking Past, Present and Future) with the house of course as lynchpin.
You have been with me through my excitements as I thought "I had it!" over the last 6 months and it is finally coming down to the wire.
So a lot of energy is pushing through the seams to burst through.
Nothing would make me happier than to meet you in Virginia.
I can't even breathe at the possibility!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!