Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: A message for the US...
11/22/2007 7:14:43 PM
Hello Nick

They are sooooo cute !!!!!  Thank you ...

So, how was your day? ... I hope you had a wonderful time with your loved ones... and needed a little help walking after the big meal ... just like Joe LOL

Hugs to you and thank you again

Venerina
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 7:25:32 PM
Hello Shirley

If there is one person who deserves prayers and thoughts that is definately you and you are definately in mine.

You have such strength, courage and determination.  You are a remarkable woman.

I hope you and Uncle Mike had a wonderful day together amongst the ones you love the most. When everything else in life fails ... love remains ... and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

God Bless you
Love

V.
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 7:30:06 PM
Hello Patricia ...

Awwwww ... Kelly is soooooooo beautiful .... not ooking too happy though LOL ... perhaps she was thinking more of getting right to the games instead of eating ... LOL

Thank you soooooo much for sharing this with us .... This is wonderful.

It's kind of strange but sometimes I wish we did celebrate here as well.  Although, I have to say that with all the friends I have now in the U.S ... just talking to some before their dinner or during their preparations has made me feel a part of it.  Even these posts have made me feel all warm and fuzzy ....

But ... alas ... no turkey with all the trimmings .... just some cheese on toast LOL

God Bless and I hope this year Kelly was a little happier!!!

Take care and thank you

Venerina
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 7:38:44 PM
Thank you my dear friend,
I am spending today with my friends, you! My son is in Iraq and my daughter is working in Virginia so there are no traditions left in my home town for me, only memories.
As we approach the beginning of another year it is a time to reflect on who we are and who we wish to become as every day is an opportunity to start anew.
Family, over time becomes the people we choose to spend our time with and I have been so lucky to find all of you.
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2007 8:36:07 PM
Hi Venerina,

It was a fabulous dinner!  My family was all together this year around the table enjoying each other most of all.  Nothing like being together!

I did get to watch my Cowboys win yet another game.  I stayed awake!!!!  :)

Christmas dinner is never the same each year.  We usually have a covered dish gathering with family, neighbors and friends.  It is kind of funny how each year everybody tries to out do each other with unique dishes.  Some years I come to realize how much I appreciate peanut butter sandwiches.  Hahahahah!

Because of the area's culture, we usually have a little bit of the traditional local foods like tamales, toquitos, tacos, sopapillas, etc.   Sometimes, turkey and other times a good beef brisqet.  You just never know!   Christmas is not usually a pie time for us.  The special Christmas cookies, cakes and candy are always present... unfortunately.  :)   Then the rivers of egg nog, hot chocolate and such to keep everyone full!  Lots of vegetables are present.  Sometimes, if we had a good year with the corn crops, we'll freeze some corn on the cob.  Oh that sweet corn!  Not this year though.  Green chilli too!   Christmas too is mostly about being with our loved ones and of course celebrating the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I've noticed with different circle of friends, the importance of one day to the other varies also.  For my family, it all starts today until after the New Years!

You know, I have yet to try mince pie.  One day!  :)

Blessings,

Joe

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, I am very thankful that I have two arms to hug with!

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!