Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE NORTHERN RENAISSANCE - DURER
11/12/2007 3:38:48 PM

Hi Luis,

It is sad that you won't be posting for a while, you will be sorely missed.

It is hard to describe the feelings I have when I look at his works. It's hard to believe his ability to show so much emotion in water color. His portraits are magnificent especially his self portraits. And the details in his engravings are endless.

Thank you so much for sharing these works of art with us.

All the best & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2007 3:59:40 PM

Hi Luis,

Thank you for all your work, I hope someday you'll be back with a lot more!  I really like the painting "Feast of the Rose Garland", I also remember seeing the self-portrait of Durer before, thank you for featuring him.  Art is greatness, the artists themselves may not realize that not everyone can create beauty with paint or sculptures or drawings and engravings.  Their gifts are unique and the rest of us are just left in awe and admiration.  I say that because my son is very good at drawing and he doesn't believe me when I say I can't make a perfect circle with a pencil!  The artists don't recognize their own greatness sometimes.  They think we can all just pick it up and be great, I wish that could happen!  Thank you VERY much and hope to see you back here in the future with more!

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2007 4:37:44 PM
Luis Miguel,

The news that this will be the last forum  in this series for a long time is the saddest thing that has happened to AdlandPro for a very long time.  It is unarguably the best forum we have ever had and it will be sadly missed by its fans.

Thank you for the enormous amount of pleasure you have provided for us with your wonderful Great Great Art of the World Forum, both the paintings you have shown us and your wonderful and articulate presentations / and please dont let it become inactive EVER.

Albrecht Durer is a painter I was introduced to in my childhood and i remember spending many hours trying to copy his "Praying hands" lol
It is the first time that I have ever seen watercolours by his hand and they are as extraordinary as are his better known engravings and oil paintings.

It would be presumptious to even begin to comment on Durer-s work.  Suffice it to say, on this beautiful ending to a wonderful series / the work that I have to select as a favourite is obviously Melencolia  which is a work I did not know before but am in awe of its beauty.

With my very best wishes to Adlands Gentleman and a grand artist in his own right , for all success in the future.

Thank you.
Jenny

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2007 6:27:41 PM

Hi Luis,

What a wonderful Forum.

I have really enjoyedthis series and am sad that youwon't be doing more.

I learnt a lot about Durer that I had no idea about.

I have not seen his watercolours before, the Hare is stunning.

Roger Macdivitt

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2007 8:14:03 PM

Dear Pauline,

Thank you so much for visiting, I am always happy to see you. Actually I feel honored by your presence here.  

Also, your comments are so wise and kind. When I first read about Martin Luther's words I figured myself at Durer's funeral. It was a very sad feeling.

Durer was indeed a great man. After a whole life producing masterworks he began to write some treatises on perspective, proportions, etc, in the manner of Leonardo, whom he admired. This he did despite of the fact that he was leaving several large paintings unfinished as he felt it was his duty to teach for the posterity. 

Such is the mark of a great man.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!