Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Sanders

259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
SCAM AND FRAUD FIGHTING SITES
10/27/2007 9:04:50 PM
Hi All,

I wrote this article last week and thought you might enjoy it here.  I did research this subject pretty well.

Enjoy

========================================================

I thought since I have been providing you information on the function of you PC's I would throw in a little bit of internet knowledge today.  Mainly a quick look at sites to check out scams.  These sites provide you with free newsletters.  Most are published once a month so they will not fill up you mail boxes.

Here is a good list to check out:

1. SCAMBUSTERS is the #1 internet publication for fraud.  It is recommended by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, NPR, Consumer Reports and many others for its reporting of scams and fraudulent activities.  It is owned by Jim and Audri Lanford and published out of Boone, N.C. 

Scambusters covers information on identity theft, urban legends, how to stop spam, hot to avoid the most popular scams and viruses.  They also supply useful consumer information on both online and offline scams. 

The reports on the new iPhone scams are invaluable to those using these types of communication.

Scamcheck in one of the most outstanding features of this highly informative site.   Jim and Audri deserve a metal for publishing such an outstanding site for consumers.  It is a free and they have some excellent resources for you to find the answers you are looking for.

Sign up and receive your free subscription to Scambusters  now before the professional fraudesters get ahead of you!

Do it now!
Go here:
http://www.scambuters.org

2.  MLM WATCHDOG belongs to The Consumer Information and     Protection Webring.  Great site to check out what the latest "get rich quick" scam artist are up to.  They provide information on who is being prosecuted for scams and you can check here to see who has multiple alias.  It is a great site for checking old scam sites and what scheme they are promoting currently.

Check on Mythes * Lies, search the Biggest MLM Company Directory and the latest complaints. 

For more information on this site go to:
http://www.mlmwatchdog.com

3.  HOT SCAMS collect articles and information on the hottest scams on the internet.  These include internet lottyery, job scams, commercial scams, inheritance scams, pet scams, phishing scams and many more.  They have news, reports and videos.

An Anti-Scam Guide  is available free at Hot Scams.  Also for your free reading pleasure is an Anti-Phishing Guide that everyone should read.
This site is very easy to navigate and has more free information available than I can mention in a short article.  You really should check this site out, especially if you have questions concerning a site you are promoting or are interested in joining.

If you are new to the  internet be sure and read the knowledge guide for new users.  The best part of this site is the latest scams tab.  Check it out and see if you are about to join a program that will take your money and run!

Go here to Hot Scams:

http://www.hotscams.com

4.  Gain leverage against the scammers at SCAMCLUB.  You can post a scam for pubic viewing.  Learn from other consumers and help other avoid the scam traps you fell into.  You can file a scam and update it at this site.  Also available is a search where you can search for a reported scam.

Why file a report you ask?  Because your report will be viewed by millions of consumers searching for the truth.  Scamclub has catagories on scams involving Auctions,Information, Corporte, Government, Internet,etc.  Simply go to the site and check it out for you own satisfaction.  You will be surprised at the information available free.  If you have been scammed go ahead and file a report at Scamclub.  You can receive RSS feeds from the site to keep up to date on the latest scammers.

You can report anything from Retail Stores, Corrupt City and State Government, Auto Dealers, Senior Citizen Homes, Police, Funeral Homes,etc.  The list goes on and on.  Scamclub is easy to navigate and the scams are listed in a table on the front page.

Go here for your scam information:

http://www.scamclub.com

5.  eBizReviewed has loads of information on internet markerteers.  They do reviews on internet business opportunities and the online gurus that promote and own these money-making opportunities.  This site does not have the extensive data base that the others have but it does seem to have good reviews.  The writers explain the pro's and con's of many of the top gurus sites.  It is a good site to have in your scam arsenal just in case.

Here is the address:

http://www.ebizreviewed.com

56  CONSUMER.ORG.NZ was established in 1959 for consumers of New Zealand.  It is a non profit site offering Scams reports from A-Z.  The site offers the usual warning signs you should read.  They offer information on how to spot a scam, common types of scams and what to do if you have been scammed. 

They do offer other types of information to the populus of New Zealand.  They have a Product Recall Sites, Information on Computers, Car, Appliances,health, etc. 

Consumer.org.nz is full of information of different site for residents of New Zealand.  I have included this in my article because of the ability scammers to reach the global community.

Go here to directly land on the scam reporting site:
http://www.consumer.org.nz/newsSummary.asp?category=Scams

7.  SCAM SHIELD is a consumer group protecting citizens against scams and fraud schemes.  It is a 501 non-profit organization and has a link to the U.S. Postal Service Mail Fraud Center.  You can perform a scan search at Scam Shield and report a scam.  The site has Fraud Resources where you can get information for Canadian Better Business Bureau.  Click on the Bad Business Bureau link for information about online scam and fraud sites.  The site includes links to Crimes of Pesuasion, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Council of Better Business Bureaus,Federal Fraud, Federal Trade Commission, National Consumers League and many more useful links for reporting and checking out online opportunities.  Scam Shield is loaded with information for the consumer to keep you from getting burnt.

Get your free up-to-date newsletter and get ahead of the frauds in the world. 

Go here:
http://www.scamshield.com

8.  SNOPES is the site that everyone on the internet should have bookmarked.  It is one of the best for reporting urban legends and such nonsense.  Although it does not concern itself with scams it is good to have in your bookmarks before you forward that unbelievable story only to find out there is not truth to it.  Snope is a fun site. So I tossed it in so you as a consumer can see how outragous and ridiculous some stories can be.  Kind of like scams and fraud.  You understand.

Go here for some truth and enjoyment:
http:.//www.snopes.com

This is a short list of online site you can surf and help yourself to fighting scam and fraud on the internet.  I hope you find it useful and helpful in protecting yourself of losing your hard earned money.

Like the old saying goes:  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!  So buyer beware!

Protect yourself it's a dangerous world out there!

Your Fraud Fighter,

Joyce Sanders
aka. roadcat

========================================
Disclaimer: Advice in this article is for informational purposes only. It is true to the best of my knowledge. Any decisions to follow this advice is your responsibility. Your computer, your choice.

======================================

Blog article by roadcat
Spacer

Date Wednesday, October 24th 2007, 4:06 PM Icon 1 Date 0

I thought since I have been providing you information on the function of you PC's I would throw in a little bit of internet knowledge today. Mainly a quick look at sites to check out scams. These sites provide you with free newsletters. Most are published once a month so they will not fill up you mail boxes.

========================= =========================

Here is a good check list:

1. SCAMBUSTERS is the #1 internet publication for fraud. It is recommended by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, NPR, Consumer Reports and many others for its reporting of scams and fraudulent activities. It is owned by Jim and Audri Lanford and published out of Boone, N.C.

Scambusters covers information on identity theft, urban legends, how to stop spam, hot to avoid the most popular scams and viruses. They also supply useful consumer information on both online and offline scams.

The reports on the new iPhone scams are invaluable to those using these types of communication.

Scamcheck in one of the most outstanding features of this highly informative site. Jim and Audri deserve a metal for publishing such an outstanding site for consumers. It is a free and they have some excellent resources for you to find the answers you are looking for.

Sign up and receive your free subscription to Scambusters now before the professional fraudsters get ahead of you! Who you gonna call? Scambusters!!

Do it now!
Go here:
www.scambuters.org

2. MLM WATCHDOG belongs to The Consumer Information and Protection Webring. Great site to check out what the latest "get rich quick" scam artist are up to. They provide information on who is being prosecuted for scams and you can check here to see who has multiple alias. It is a great site for checking old scam sites and what scheme they are promoting currently.

Check on Mythes * Lies, search the Biggest MLM Company Directory and the latest complaints.

For more information on this site go to:
www.mlmwatchdog.com

3. HOT SCAMS collect articles and information on the hottest scams on the internet. These include internet lottery, job scams, commercial scams, inheritance scams, pet scams, phishing scams and many more. They have news, reports and videos.

An Anti-Scam Guide is available free at Hot Scams. Also for your free reading pleasure is an Anti-Phishing Guide that everyone should read.
This site is very easy to navigate and has more free information available than I can mention in a short article. You really should check this site out, especially if you have questions concerning a site you are promoting or are interested in joining.

If you are new to the internet be sure and read the knowledge guide for new users. The best part of this site is the latest scams tab. Check it out and see if you are about to join a program that will take your money and run!

Go here to Hot Scams:

www.hotscams.com

4. Gain leverage against the scammers at SCAMCLUB. You can post a scam for pubic viewing. Learn from other consumers and help other avoid the scam traps you fell into. You can file a scam and update it at this site. Also available is a search where you can search for a reported scam.

Why file a report you ask? Because your report will be viewed by millions of consumers searching for the truth. Scamclub has categories on scams involving Auctions,Information, Corporate , Government, Internet, etc. Simply go to the site and check it out for you own satisfaction. You will be surprised at the information available free. If you have been scammed go ahead and file a report at Scamclub. You can receive RSS feeds from the site to keep up to date on the latest scammers.

You can report anything from Retail Stores, Corrupt City and State Government, Auto Dealers, Senior Citizen Homes, Police, Funeral Homes,etc. The list goes on and on. Scamclub is easy to navigate and the scams are listed in a table on the front page.

Go here for your scam information:

www.scamclub.com

5. eBizReviewed has loads of information on internet markerteers. They do reviews on internet business opportunities and the online gurus that promote and own these money-making opportunities. This site does not have the extensive data base that the others have but it does seem to have good reviews. The writers explain the pro's and con's of many of the top gurus sites. It is a good site to have in your scam arsenal just in case.

Here is the address:

www.ebizreviewed.com

6. CONSUMER.ORG.NZ was established in 1959 for consumers of New Zealand. It is a non profit site offering Scams reports from A-Z. The site offers the usual warning signs you should read. They offer information on how to spot a scam, common types of scams and what to do if you have been scammed.

They do offer other types of information to the populus of New Zealand. They have a Product Recall Sites, Information on Computers, Car, Appliances,health, etc.

Consumer.org.nz is full of information of different site for residents of New Zealand. I have included this in my article because of the ability scammers to reach the global community.

Go here to directly land on the scam reporting site:
www.consumer.org.nz

7. SCAM SHIELD is a consumer group protecting citizens against scams and fraud schemes. It is a 501 non-profit organization and has a link to the U.S. Postal Service Mail Fraud Center. You can perform a scan search at Scam Shield and report a scam. The site has Fraud Resources where you can get information for Canadian Better Business Bureau. Click on the Bad Business Bureau link for information about online scam and fraud sites. The site includes links to Crimes of Persuasion, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Council of Better Business Bureaus,Federal Fraud, Federal Trade Commission, National Consumers League and many more useful links for reporting and checking out online opportunities. Scam Shield is loaded with information for the consumer to keep you from getting burnt.

Get your free up-to-date newsletter and get ahead of the frauds in the world.

Go here:
www.scamshield.com

8. SNOPES is the site that everyone on the internet should have bookmarked. It is one of the best for reporting urban legends and such nonsense. Although it does not concern itself with scams it is good to have in your bookmarks before you forward that unbelievable story only to find out there is not truth to it. Snopes is a fun site. So I tossed it in so you as a consumer can see how outrageous and ridiculous some stories can be. Kind of like scams and fraud. You understand.

Go here for some truth and enjoyment:
http:.//www.snopes.com

This is a short list of online site you can surf and help yourself to information to help fight scam and fraud on the internet. I hope you find it useful and helpful in protecting yourself against losing your hard earned money.

Like the old saying goes: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! So buyer beware!

Protect yourself it's a dangerous world out there!

Your Fraud Fighter,

Joyce Sanders
aka. roadcat

========================================
Disclaimer: Advice in this article is for informational purposes only. It is true to the best of my knowledge. Any decisions to follow this advice is your responsibility. Your computer, your choice.

Have A Great Day!

Joyce Sanders
aka. roadcat

+0
Beef Sloan

382 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: SCAM AND FRAUD FIGHTING SITES
11/18/2007 11:14:53 AM

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for sharing this much needed information.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Beef and have been marketing on the internet for sometime now.  I also love to help others be successful with their online marketing efforts.  I am part of a group of people that also love to help others become successful.  You can find us at Community Marketing University (CMU7), it is free to join and all the training is free.  You will also find some important tools you need to be Successful on the internet also free.

If I am not on your Friends list please Add Me!

Always to your Success,
Beef

Author: Life vs Death
Beef's FB page
Clicking the Above link will take you to Life vs Death Page on Face
Book Order: LIFE vs DEATH

+0
12/11/2007 10:11:44 AM
Reserve Bank Of India Cautions on fradulent emails RBI warns against fraud remittance offers Central Bank Says Schools, Hospitals, Individuals Could Fall Prey To Email Scam CLICKING TROUBLE _ AFTER the Nigerian email scam, global fraudsters are targeting Indian schools and hospitals using a similar modus operandi. According to RBI, schools and hospitals have been approachedby foreign entities and sometimes their Indian representatives with the same scam tactic. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has warned the public not to fall prey to fictitious offers for release of cheap funds claimed to have been remitted by overseas entities to banks. The central bank has also warned the public against making any remittances from participating in such schemes from unknown entities. Describing the typical modality of such offers, the RBI has said that foreign entities, including Indian representatives of such entities, make offers through email of huge money in foreign currency to residents including schools and hospitals on the pretext of helping them in their business. Once the contact is established, the offer is followed by a request seeking details of bank account of the Indian entity asking some amount to be remitted to them as initial deposit/commission so that the offer money could be transferred. What has also worried the central bank is that while there is an awareness of a relaxation in the remittance schemes, many individuals still do not know that RBI bars sending money outside for purchasing lottery tickets or maintaining leveraged trading positions overseas or for speculating in commodity exchanges abroad. However despite this, RBI has received applications seeking approval for effecting remittances in foreign currency towards commission/fees for receiving prizes won in overseas lottery schemes. The central bank has come across caseswhere certain overseas organisations have been advising individuals/companies/trusts in India that huge sums of money for disburse] of loans in India at cheap rates has been kept in an account with RBI and the funds would be released after approval from the bank. To substantiate their claims, even copies of certificate/deposit receipts purported to have been issued by the Reserve Bank are produced by such operators. "The Reserve Bank clarifies that remittance in any form towards participation in lottery schemes is prohibited under Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999. Further, these restrictions are also.i|>| ill-cable to remittances for participation in lollcry-liki' schemes functioning under different names, such as, money circulation scheme or remitta ncos for I he purpose of securing prize money/awards i-u. The Reserve Bank of India has further clarilird i lui ii does not maintain any account in the nan 10 of individuals/companies / trusts in India to hold funds for disbursal," RBI said in a circular to all banks. >Mail sent informing money will be remitted to the recipients >Intended victims told that money is lying with RBI and will be released after RBI clearance. >Copies of fake certificate of deposits also sent >Victims are then asked to remit a small amount for release
sravankumar
+0
12/14/2007 5:41:53 PM

Wow, what an informative thread! Thanks so much for posting this! As a newcomer to doing business online (only a few weeks) I had no IDEA there were so MANY businesses out there -- I wouldn't even begin to know who might be scamming out there (although with some, you just kinda get that "vibe").

I shall be coming back to this thread often to check out the websites mentioned. Thanks again!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/19/2007 5:47:34 PM

Hi Joyce,

Don't forget about the Federal Trade Commission, they will investigate any company worldwide that does business with Americans. 

Also, for businesses within USA, you can contact your state's attorney general or the state in which the company is located, if you think you've been ripped off.  Most attorney generals are very aggressive, even going after companies if there's a discrepency of just $1.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!