Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Congratulations Kenneth!
8/7/2005 5:49:34 AM
Thanks for coming by Greer. Yes, you got wrapped all right. I don't thing you had your forum officially open and they were "knocking your doors down". Fantastic for you my friend. Welcome to the team. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Teri Fitzgerald

166 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/9/2005 7:24:21 PM
Well done and well deserved Kenneth! :) I think it is so cool that you are also involved helping young people get a good start in adult life. My son is in Job Corps, studying to be an Electrician. He is not a troubled kid and joined with his friends to start the journey of learning a new trade. Yet from what he tells me, there are a lot of troubled kids out there, and they do need compassionate, yet firm guidance. Great Job! Teri
~ Mother Earthbeats ~ This Virtual World ~*~ Walk in Grace, Beauty and Balance... ~*~
+0
8/9/2005 8:19:12 PM
Hello Kenneth,Congratulations are in order.I know that you will accomplish all that you take on,with the drive and ambition you carry,let your conscience be your guide in all you do or say.You have an open field,inspire all who come to you for help,its a great honor to be choosen.Creator gives us all opportunity.You have accepted.I wish you all that is good.Chris
+0
8/10/2005 12:54:12 AM
Thank you Chris for your kinds words and support. Yes, it is an honor to be chosen and carries gret responsibilities. I promise to always do my best, uphold a professional conduct and to help all that I can. Bless you, Chris. Kenneth
+0
8/10/2005 1:37:45 AM
Teri, Thank you for your acknowledgement and I wish you and your son great success. Yes, there are many that come into the program with major problems. Some are in gangs, some abused, some neglected ... Once in a while you get someone that just needs a fair chance to a good education. We get them all and I feel honored that I was chosen to do my part with them at Job Corps. I recently found out that I was the first person ever in Job Corps history to not go through the formalities of 3 interviews and all the other hiring garbage other have had to go through. The director and I talked briefly and was asked to "start tomorrow?" deal. Naturally all the background check, the drug test, the policy and procedures book, tax info and employable status and all came after the fact. I beleive I had worked a full week before some of this was done, three weeks of work by the time they got the drug test results back. I received a letter from the director of Job Corps - Department of Education in Washington, D.C. congratulating me for this feat. ?????? Now if I saved a kid's life I would think that a letter would show up, but, for this? It shows that they really like to praise people even for the smaller things and that is good for our youth. To our success. Kenneth R Sword Jr Director of Music David L Carrasco Job Corps Center El Paso, TX Sorry, wrong job :-)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!