Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Controversial Sabbath
9/24/2007 11:35:53 AM

Amen Sister Rebecca! I agree with you. I would however like to point this out for those who are interested:

-------------------

It should be understood that there were in Old Testament times certain annual Sabbaths associated with the sanctuary and it's services.  These were ceremonial in nature,  forshadowing the work of Christ,  and as such were nailed to the cross. (Old Covenant)

--------------

It was these traditional ceremonies that the Jews were getting hung up on, in fact they continue to have traditional ceremonies, just in remembrance of the old covenant. I am not a Jew myself, and pardon me if I'm not correct on this Geketa!

--------------

The Sabbath itself, was not a part of these traditions, and as the 4th commandment still holds firm, so does the Sabbath day of worship.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2007 11:57:09 AM

Wow, thank you all for stopping by with your comments. I love digging into the bible and searching. Seems like every time I look at a scripture I learn something new from it. And having different people's perspectives help one to have more rounded opinions, don't you agree?

I have to go on a trip this afternoon. I go from San Fransisco down to Los Angeles, pick up a patient (neonatal) that is flying in on the airlines from overseas, then transport them all the way to Raleigh Durham, N.C. So I will be flying most of the afternoon and into the night. Please continue to make your posts, and if I have a chance to get online, I will moderate.

Bestowed on each one of you!!

+0
9/24/2007 12:32:49 PM

This is interesting.The first christians had their most important meeting from 6 P.M on Friday to 6 P.M on Saturday.

What forced them to change?

It was an emperor with the name Constantine who proclaimed death sentence to those who would continue with their sabbathmeetings

I am a messianic believer and I teach my group in the Torah on the correct sabbathday.

This is so important to rediscover those days when the day comes closer for the second coming of Messiah.

I would especially recommend you to read Matthew 5:17-18 to begin to understand what it´s all about.

Shalom!

Mattias.

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2007 12:46:17 PM

Hi Mattias, thank you for joining this forum.  Maybe we could get you to expand a little on what made Constantine make this decision? Amen brother! Allow me to post the text here for others to read:

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/24/2007 12:52:21 PM
Regarding the Bible and copyright issues - The KJV is in the public domain.

Many others are not.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!