Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: I have had it with Adlandpro!
1/6/2008 1:52:38 PM

Hi Mary,

I know exactly what you are taling about. It is soul destroying at times.

I am afraid that I have to say  that the contacts I have made were for the most part  people that  dont give a crap what I am doing,  totally ignore the fact that  I am Not into MLM, and totally ignore the fact I am service oriented.

Yes there are a few exceptions like yourself  but I think I would not need to take my shoes and socks off to be able to count them.

I only check in here every couple of days now  because every time i do  i see the same thing  going on.

Idiots just spam posting the same identical post  over and over again, or  the  thanks for the info type posters  at it as always  just to get their signature posted.  It really is pathetic.

Bj

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/6/2008 5:34:43 PM
Hello Bill,

As this forum as been refreshed and I have reread all
the posts from the beginning again.  I agree with
Mary in her comment regarding the amount of 'current'
members is not the correct amount as there are far
too many outdated members whom have not even
finished completing their profiles etc before they gave up.

I have also noticed on several ocassions as I log on
each day or request/accept new friends that I also have members dropping off my count yet I have not done
any removals myself.  Then a past member or myself
will notice that we are not on each others list and
have to re-request again.  I think the backup system
is doing some dropping but unfortunately not the old
outdated members but current members.

As to the dilemma of attending forums, I have on
several ocassions clicked on the link from my email
invite to attend a forum and it lands on a page that
does not exist and after trying to find where it might
be, have to give up and move on.  I have no idea why
some of these problems occur - whether it happens
alot with other members or just from my end?

Kind regards
Amanda
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/8/2008 9:54:37 AM

Hi Amanda,

Yes amazing isnt it  this thread active again and serious threads  left to rot away.

Its no wonder people like us get so pee'ed off and frustrated.

Quite often someone will create a thread that you get an invite to but then for some reason they decide to remove it. so yes it happens to many.

The data base with all the dead accounts will never be cleaned out for the simple reason the member count looks good. with such a high number.

It is advertising under false pretences but that does not seem to bother the consience of this sites owner

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/8/2008 12:05:01 PM
Bill, and anyone else reading this forum thread, I would like to ask your opinion. Do other communities list how many posts you have made in forums? I don't get around much so I can't make a judgement but it is my feeling that this is one of the few places where it is posted. This creates a behavior very unbecoming of serious business people and you can tell who is serious because they don't get involved. The second question, is it necessary to tell who has the most friends. It really tells me very little. Some of my best co-associates in uvme have few friends and I almost made the mistake of discounting them on my friends list. They have turned out to be delightful, uncompetitive, layed back, hard working network marketers. So what is is your opinion.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/15/2008 7:21:10 PM

Hi Mary

A forum will list how many posts a member has made as its built into it.

The number of "friends"  is a total piece of garbage. To take one example some have over 8000 "friends".

Yea Right. What they have is  over 8000 people that accepted a contact invite. It does not mean that they are friends. 

The law of averages  says if you invite everyone and his dog  then you are bound to get those that will accept simply because they are new and do not know what they are doing. The new person thinks how nice they want to be friends  maybe I can get some help from them.

Well I got news for you. You are not going to get help. What you are going to get is spammed the crap out of with ads.

Be selective see who the "friend" collectors are and  do not accept them, they are not interested in you as a person they are interested in you as possible means if filling their pockets.

They do not read your profile before inviting you, Hell your so damn new you havent even had time to do it, before the vultures are sending you invites.

Put in your profile you hate MLM and will have nothing to do with it. Guaranteed most of the invites you get include a proposition to join their MLM program.

Think I am joking?  Go to any new members profile look at who the friends are you will find the first ones are almost always the same dozen or so names appearing  over and over and over again.

These people do not know what the real meaning of the word friends is. To them you are just another recipient  for thier garbage spam.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!