Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: FORTY-FIRST EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
8/16/2007 12:01:13 PM

Janet, you truly are a couragous person.  I am so fortunate to have been born in America.  I read of all the problems all over the world, and am thankful for the opportunities I have.  I hope I don't take these for granted, but always strive to help others who are less fortunate.

I have been to Germany, in 1989, a friend and I toured 4 countries.  Of course, this was after the fall of the wall between East & West.  The part I saw was very beautiful.  We toured France, Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland.  A wonderful trip that I will never forget.

Congratulations for being featured in the WOMEN OF COURAGE!!  You have certainly earned the title.

Oniece

Leave a legacy for your family or favorite charity. http://onieceg.realstew.com
+0
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/16/2007 1:12:04 PM

Hi My Dear Friend Janet!

Thank you for your lovely post and Red Russian Army Choir Performance :) No, I did not study German at school, but know many German, words including Freundschaft, which means Friendship. This is a great word, is not it? :) I like this quote:

On this shrunken globe, men can no longer live as strangers.
~ Adlai Stevenson

AdlandPro is a good example, is not it? :) I am happy to be an adlander and have many wonderful friends like you and many others. Unfortunately, I don't have a chance to spend more time with all of you lately, but I want to let you know that I love all of you.

I know that you don't complain, You just told your story, which actually helps to understand better who you are and why you are strong. In fact,  this is a great combination -- inner strength and a great deal of love toward people, care for them. You have a great personality, and it's a blessing for so many people here to have you as a friend.

Click and listen to Gregorian Chant's song "Angel"

It was nice to see pictures of Pauline, Rina and you -- three angels got together :)

God bless you, your family, and all my dear friends,

Natalya

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
Janet Ravindran

3183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2007 9:49:58 PM
Dear Luella, I know what you mean by scared to death. But I just love "Cats in the cradle",because it's like a reminder for all the parents to take their time - like you said - one can never re-live a special moment. It's like a warning if one thinks other things are more important than spending precious time with the children.
"Sunrise,Sunset"is beautiful - I didn't know it,heard it the 1st time. Thank you!
And WTG! It looks good with the picture linked ;-)
Now I just realized that some of my photos are not showing and I apologize for the ugly picture it gives, unfortunately I can't edit it. I'm sorry. Will try to be more careful with my pictures ;-)
Many hugs,Janet

A loving family provides the foundation children need to succeed.
~ Jim Bunning

Please click for"That's the way the world goes round"

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2007 10:48:47 PM

Thank you Janet for your song.  Ain't that the truth.

Now I know how to do the video.  I must use the embed instead of the url.  However, once I realized that, I didn't want to go back and possibly ruin it.

I am glad you liked the song.  Both songs, Cat's in the Cradle and Sunrise Sunset are from when I was quite a bit younger.  When Fiddler on the roof came out with Sunrise, Sunset, my little girl was just a baby and now I am on the other end of the song.

Children are precious gifts from God.  But one day they grow up.  As Kahlil Gibran says,

". . . Your children are not your children.

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

They come through you but not from you,

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.

For they have their own thoughts.

You may house their bodies but not their souls,

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable."

+0
Janet Ravindran

3183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2007 12:20:28 PM
Meine liebe Branka - without words....Let Johann Wolfgang von Goethe tell

Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt,
Weiß, was ich leide!
Allein und abgetrennt
Von aller Freude,
Seh´ ich ans Firmament
Nach jener Seite.
Ach! der mich liebt und kennt,
Ist in der Weite.
Es schwindelt mir, es brennt
Mein Eingeweide.
Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt,
Weiß, was ich leide!

I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom. 
~Author Unknown

Please click for"Sehnsucht"(Longing)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!