Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: I have learned to use the word “impossible” ...
7/25/2005 9:10:30 AM
When my Brother-in-law was training with the US State Department he told me that as an aspiring foreign service officer he was taught to repond to a concept or idea that might be contrary to his or "our" policies with a retort such as, "that is certainly one way to approach the subject", "an interesting point of view", etc. before proposing his or "our" policy or opinion on a given subject. Well, I do call this diplomatic....wouldn't it be wonderful if all humans had a softer approach to persuasion?
+0
7/25/2005 9:15:19 AM
Here's how Robert Kennedy looked at the word impossible. "There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" Have a great day.
+0
Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/25/2005 9:35:11 AM
Add "impossible" to your list of limiting words: I can't I won't I'll TRY (this is a big one - try to stand up. Try to sit down. You either do, or you don't) We'll see I'm stupid I'm unorganized I'm (fill in the blank with a negative term) We choose our own reality by what we think. We draw to ourselves those things that we give ourselves permission to have. By saying negative words or creating a negative self-image, we disallow ourselves the abundance that is waiting for us. Make it a great day (literally),
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/25/2005 10:33:30 AM
Thanks for the invitation Bogdan. I find that if worked through long enough, anything is Possible.:)
+0
Dave Young

151 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/25/2005 10:45:39 AM
Hello Bogdan, I think the only way something is impossible is if don't try. Try something and it is amazing what you can do. Thanks for the invite. Have a super day!
+0