Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BE GRATEFUL FOR NOW, IT'S HERE TO ENJOY
8/16/2007 4:01:54 PM

Oh, Valerie, you just made me SO hungry and I have to go to Church for a meeting and won't eat until late - you are SO naughty!!

I am still looking.  Wehn I was a kid we used to get root beer barrels that had real root beer in it when you got to the middle - YUMMY!!

Have to run or I'll be late for my meeting - keep having fun without me and I will catch up later or in the morning.

Blessings, and many hugs

Judy

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2007 3:36:09 PM

Hi Judy,

That root beer.

What actually is it?

We used to make ginger plants from ginger and yeast, and then you got too much and had to divide it and give it to someone else and then they got too much and..........

How come the world is not full of ginger plants?

Is this what root beer was.

I'm just an old Englishman who doesn't know.

By the way, I found some clove balls today. In the winter I used to love clove balls, little round, red and white striped, clove flavoured balls. Every so often you would get one with a pocket of clove oil in it, WOW was that HOT. It's a wonder we survived all these experiences.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2007 3:44:37 PM

Hi,

If anybody is interested I just found the recipie

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Ginger-Ale

Go to it.

Roger

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2007 4:25:24 PM

Hello Roger and Everyone,

What an interesting topic!  I love to rearrange furniture, plants and ornaments.  At least before I got so busy here lol ... it gives a sense of change and newness.  They say change is as good as a rest.

I love the simple things nature has to offer us ... sunsets, natural beauty, flowers, tree, birds ... there's nothing like the sounds of nature either ... just to take a moment and listen quietly.  We all need the sense of Peace & Tranquility that we are given and its totally FREE for the taking!  Life doesn't get any better than that!

From reading through the posts, I have to agree with Roger's comments to Kathy.  Like Roger, I respect your success Kathy, but I do agree we need to take the time to appreciate and be grateful for the NOW.

I'm much like Judy ... I love SIMPLE! 

Roger my mouth is now watering for Chocolatety Smooth Fudge like Valerie was talking about and MacIntosh's toffee.  I loved it when I was a kid! (lol chocolatety is not found in the dictionary!)

Sincerely,

Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2007 6:46:08 PM

Hi Terry,

You said that you like simple things, well, you'd really like me then.

No seriously,

Moving stuff around is good, we buy something nice like an ornament and it slowly blends into OUR HOME. We might pick it up to dust but otherwise it sits there un-noticed until a friend says, ''I like that.......'' and we are suddenly animated into explaning what it is, where it came from, what it means to us etc. Go and take a look again at something you bought, just for decoration. Does it still look as good?

My wife has another reason for moving stuff.

We are not a house-proud family. We are doers. We are always working in the garden, on the computer, planning this or that, tooooooo busy for all that housework. We don't not do it, but we are not slaves to the house. Every now and then my wife will decide to spring-clean. I come home and wonder if I'm in the right house. Something she bought to store vegetables in is suddenly out of favour and is now in the thrift shop bag. The parrot needed a new view so he's by the window. The spoons aren't where they were etc. I think that she should be a supermarket planner. Do they do that in America too? Just when your used to  where everthing is, they move it. Keeps us alert.

Terry, your comment about peace and tranquility is so right. I used to work in the Capital, London. The best part of the day was, after a noisy day in traffic etc. , then a noisy train journey home, to step out of the train station in the countryside where we live and 'hear the birds and feel the breeze' oooooh bliss.

OOOOOOOh, Chocolatey fudge.

Tell me. Why did my Father's Dinner taste better than mine. I might have something for lunch and then my father would come home in the evening and be served the same thing. I would ask dad for a bit of his meat, or sausage or rice, whatever, BUT it always tasted better. Why?

I hope Mary planted that plant we talked about the other week, right over the other side of the reservoir.

Must go,

Got to do something extraordinary, why not,

Roger 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!