Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Now this is the Living Bible
6/22/2007 10:46:24 PM

Now this is the Living Bible:

His name is Bill. He has wild hair, wears a T-shirt with holes in it, jeans, and no shoes. This was literally his wardrobe for his entire four years of college.

He is brilliant. Kind of profound and very, very bright. He became a Christian while attending college.

Across the street from the campus is a well-dressed, very conservative church. They want to develop a ministry to the students but are not sure how to go about it.

One day Bill decides to go there. He walks in with no shoes, jeans, his T-shirt, and wild hair. The service has already started and so Bill starts down the aisle looking for a seat.

The church is completely packed and he can't find a seat. By now, people are really looking a bit uncomfortable, but no one says anything.

Bill gets closer and closer and closer to the pulpit, and when he realizes there are no seats, he just squats down right on the carpet.

By now the people are really uptight, and the tension in the air is thick.

About this time, the minister realizes that from way at the back of the church, a deacon is slowly making his way toward Bill.

Now the deacon is in his eighties, has silver-gray hair, and a three-piece suit. A godly man, very elegant, very dignified, very courtly. He walks with a cane and, as he starts walking toward this boy, everyone is saying to themselves that you can't blame him for what he's going to do.

How can you expect a man of his age and of his background to understand some college kid on the floor?

It takes a long time for the man to reach the boy.

The church is utterly silent except for the clicking of the man's cane. All eyes are focused on him. You can't even hear anyone breathing. The minister can't even preach the sermon until the deacon does what he has to do.

And now they see this elderly man drop his cane on the floor. With great difficulty, he lowers himself and sits down next to Bill and worships with him so he won't be alone.

Everyone chokes up with emotion.
When the minister gains control, he says,
"What I'm about to preach, you will never remember. What you have just seen, you will never forget. "

"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some people will ever read!"

I asked the Lord to bless you
As I prayed for you today.
To guide you and protect you
As you go along your way....
His love is always with you,
His promises are true,
And when we give Him all our cares,
You know He will see us through.

Only if you feel led
to, pass this to People you want God to Bless....I DID!

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Now this is the Living Bible
6/22/2007 11:10:33 PM

That was profound and well explained Bj, been told that for me is to just be there, show up as i am a walking testimony . That explination is well taken into account. I may even share that with my church this sunday if you dont mind? Thanks! enjoy your weekend, oh and Monica is making us wait for another game, lol . Just kidding. Nyt Bj....

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2007 11:31:01 PM

Hi BJ,

Thank you so much for this Inspiring Story.  With what is going on in the World today, we must conduct ourselves in such a way as to lead and teach by example.  I am reminded of two of my favorite Scriptures from His word:

Matthew 25: 41-46 On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

Matthew 5:14-16 [Jesus said] “You are the light of the world. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

Our life is never neutral.  Our words & actions will either point others away from God or we will help them to see that allegiance to God is all important. Each & every day we must make an intentional effort to shine the light of God's holiness and grace in all we do and say.

O God, may the words of my mouth, the actions of my life, and the influence of my deeds show others your holiness and grace and lead them to acknowledge your majesty and might. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God Bless You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Elise Hartzell

195 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/22/2007 11:43:57 PM

This story is terrific BJ, as it reminds me of the

scripture in the Bible where Jesus tells us to

entertain strangers always, because we never

know if we are in fact entertaining an angel of god.

Elise ;)

+0
6/23/2007 1:01:55 AM

Dear BJ ,

What a heart warming story.  This is really What God is all about, you attire does not matter but only what is in your heart.  This story will be passed on to all my friends.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

God Bless you always,

Gabrielle

God Bless Everyone
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!