Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: How DO You Choose Your Programme or Opportunity?
7/24/2007 6:00:53 PM

Hi Jenny,

Can't stay away from this waltzing round the "Totem Pole" - so to speak.

As Arthur says so well  " Reality check, anybody?"

That got me thinking a little and after some research on a few members who have posted on this subject, I had a list of over 30 subjects that they were interested in.  Hmm.... Is this a starting point?

Couple this with my fervent belief that everyone knows something that I don't, I am certain that each of us can FOCUS on a small list of 'interests' and put them through the SWOT analysis as to their suitability for being the anchor of our business model.  Maybe more than one will pass the test - just add them later. Use the internet as a tool to help convert your business plan into a profit generating adventure. You do not need your own product to get started, but you do need an internet vehicle to drive because you are in control of your business. Learn to drive one. Recommend Wordpress - costs zilch and uses latest techie stuff under the bonnet. However the controls are easy to operate. Up and running within the hour!

In an earlier post I claimed that being "passionate" about your idea was not the way to go. Since reading more on this subject I would like to amend that view to - be passionate with a goal!

SWOT =  Strengths,Weaknesses,Opportunities and Threats. This when done to the chosen subject allows us to change Threats into Opportunities and Weaknesses into Strengths - because we are aware of them. In other words try and eliminate the 'surprises' before we start.

Finally I leave with a couple of other thoughts.

Time = Money. Don't squander it. It must be worth a minimum of $7 an hour. (Would you take a job at that rate?)

How do the owners of your local newspaper make their money?

Happy to help anyone who has a Plan for a business. No fluffy-bunny advice given however.

Have a Great Day!

Peter.   

Network Your Way to Success. It's Fun! http://www.thenorthdevontimes.co.uk - You can have one or more!
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2007 5:47:59 AM
Hi Judy,

That is the 64 thousand dollar question. and if we knew the answer there would be no need for forums like this one.

The only think that I know is that you have to find a product or service that interests you to work with, to make sure that you can confirm that people are genuinly making money out of it - and then do your due diligence to make sure that it is sustainable.  Read everything you can when you see an opportunity that interests you - remember company pulbicity is not due diligence - it is propaganda.

Take Care
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How DO You Choose Your Program or Opportunity?
7/25/2007 5:54:09 AM
Hi Rudy,

Wise advice - and an example of the facts speaking for thetmselves - not the publicity, or as you call it - the chain letters and pyramid schemes. (and I use the last description in the most general terms as applying to all forms of mlm and internet  projects that may be legal but have a pyramidal format but are not legally pyramids)

Ignore the publicity and get facts - I am sure that your wife would not have become a venture partner with you if the checks hadn't arrived.  There is a limit to loyalty! lol

And yes - these things always take a lot longer and need far more work than they tell you b- we are looking at self employment from home - and self employment can be very hard work to begin with.and with lots of responsibility as you no longer have a boss to blame!

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2007 6:00:50 AM
Hi Arthur

Fair enough, but as you say "
People robbed by internet marketers ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS!"

and of course it is time for a reality check.  If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. 

I reckon that the trick is to pretend everything online is offline - and then look to see if you would still be so interested and believe all the stuiff you read.

Many of these opportunities are selling "motivation"  - I'll motivate you and you motivate the next guy and so on and so on.  It often has very little to do with the actual  product or service that is being offered.   Just another form of brain washing..

The fact is as you riughtly point out - the internet marketing world is a very incestuous mini world within the internet - there is a lot out there that is useful  and interesting - but it is more interesting for the "motivitors" to keep us all together where they can reach us and where we forget to look outside.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2007 6:14:12 AM
Hello me old Duck,

Are you trying to stretch our brains? lol

Your SWOT theory is an interesting one indeed. - although it does seem to have a strange relationship  to the concept of "motivation" - which I am become increasingly suspicious of.  As there is much evidence in the internet marketing world that it is not done for altruistic purposes.

Your advice however to use the internet AS A TOOL to convert your business plan into a profit making adverture sounds wholesome.

Contrary to popular opinion in the internet markting world - the internet is not an end it itself - just a means to an end - no real business plan, no project, no product - in the long term - there is no sustainable business to succeed with - it is all AIR.

Angelically yours
Jenny

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!