Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: How DO You Choose Your Programme or Opportunity?
7/25/2007 7:05:31 AM

Thanks Angel Lady,

Motivation is a personal/animal thingmie.

Have not studied the "secret" or climbed the mountain of " Love etc ". However need also can help drive all of us forward.  Imagine that you can turn $1 into $2 every day by doing or selling something. Then do it and your underway! Just keep repeating it until you have enough money for all you need/want.

Looking around I found a few of my friends doing what they do!

That's it for now!

Have a Great Day.

The Old Duck.

Network Your Way to Success. It's Fun! http://www.thenorthdevontimes.co.uk - You can have one or more!
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2007 9:43:10 AM
Hello again me old Duck

I think where we differ on this one is that I think there is more than kind of moitivation.  To be positive about what you do and give yourself a shove and believe in yourself is one thing.

What I am  refering to here is the professional moitivation game.which is prevalent in most areas of internet marketing and is closely tied in with business ethics.

It is not a question of someone moitivating their down line to sell an excellent product - if that is the case the product normally speaks for itself - and succcess in selling it is its own motivation.

The best example that I can think of in this respect is an mlm that sells aloe vera products.  that I used to be involved in.  I used to and still do occasionally buy these products.  They were expensive but excellent.  It was not difficult to handle the idea of suggesting to  my customers that it would be good for them to sell them too.. That way they paid less for their prodcuts and could make a profit on sale to their own friends.etc etc.  I gave it up because it was difficult to sell offline in a small rural area where distributors kept bumping to each other (trather like the internet marketing world!lol), but had i lived in a highly populated area I nmight have dontinued. But I also gave up offline selling for the same reason - this is not a problem of mlms, but for all sales.

HOWEVER - i tended to ignore all the sales motivation crap they fed us with abouth the Mansion and the luxury cars and the millions - because it sounds as ridiculous offline as it does online and in any event the figures can speak for themselves.

BUT there is a problem that this moitivation technique also is used to maintain afloat busineses that do not have a sustainable product with real demand - they are not selling on product - they are selling on motivation.  And it is this element in the various internet marketing businesses that is causing many of the problems  - and is particularly prevalent in the mlm world.  Expert mlm marketers who motivate  on grounds of BELIEF, instead of on the normal  basis of facts and figures relating to their product or service.

It is the current  mind game in internet marketing to sell belief - irrespective of whether the product or service is worth a dime - and of course - the top guys make the money and then the whole thing collapses after a time if the product cant stand up on its merits - leaving those further down with line with their pockets empty and their reputations shattered and their relationships with the friends and family damaged.

And the sad part about it is that very few people see this  when they join programmes, and pass on the belief moitivation to their friends who also lose out in the end - and the top guys go off with their money and start again motivating everyone to another sccheme.

Take Care
Jenny

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/25/2007 10:42:46 AM

Hi, Jenny,

The problem with motivation is that most people who try to motivate other people learned their techniques out of a book.

Books are good for reading and propping up wobbly tables.

They are good for imparting knowledge (when read) but that knowledge is no good unless it complements the knowledge that is already extant.

The major failing of all internet motivators is that they all assume everybody wants the same things out of life and are going to be enthused by 'the mansion', 'the sports car', 'the champagne life style', 'the Rolex watches' and so on ad nauseem - and the reason for this is that they all went to the same roogoo, and he. poor soul, only has one book!

The real art of motivation is to motivate yourself. I doubt that anybody can really motivate another person effectively because they do not know that person well enough.

Self motivation is an art form but it must conquer that other great art form, procrastination.

The Old Coot

+0
7/25/2007 2:40:07 PM

Hi Jenny,

I agree with your take on the motivation thing and have seen many 'live their life' and their families lives, in and around the MLM program they belong to. With some it destroys their relationships with lifelong and steadfast friends who have no interest in it. A few even suffer deep relationship and personal breakdown.

However, they are convinced that as they are committed to the game of recruiting others into the dangers of self-destruct under the guise of the product (if there is one) is good for you, and to succeed you must attend the weekly 'prayer meetings', to be mesmerised by the success stories. You learn about how someone lost 12st and can walk again and you can buy the literature to use as flyers.

This is heady stuff! Organised and orchestrated by the 'heavies' and their henchmen and women. Our emotions can often be overwhelmed with the excitement of being a member of such an exclusive club which of course is open to all to join - after paying their entrance fee.  Yep! That does not sound too exclusive to me?

How did they get there and become so intransigent I often wonder. Are they afraid to leave? - admit it was a mistake? Some do succeed - however that is largely because they have been completely taken over by this method of evangelical comradeship. What's more many stay with a small downline because it is just enough income to pay their monthly costs and maybe - just maybe - they can recruit another one or two and be in profit. Wowee...

Returning to the motivation word. Many ways to achieve that as you say. High on the list in the animal Kingdom is fear. This is also applicable to those that live in a herd culture. Man has preyed on this for thousands of years. Have you heard of the 'Judas Sheep' - does a great job leading others in to the slaughter house? Hmm...

I guess we end up where we are mainly as a result of life-drift - in jobs, homes and relationships. This is not quite the same as procrastination, as put forward by my learned friend Arthur. I contend that the difference is before making decisions we do not get our mindset right in respect of our self worth.  Where are we on a scale of 1-10 about fear of success and again on fear of failure? Failing to address this leaves us firmly at the mercy of the exploiting mercenaries. We go through the motions of wanting to change jobs, homes and relationships to make the decision go away. This is continued through life by many in the form of procrastination because they never get their head round the primary cause of the misery they cause themselves and everyone connected to them. 

How DO You Choose Your Programme or Opportunity? - Decide what you think will work for you. You can succeed or fail - your choice!

However if you do not try, how will you ever know? Maybe procrastination suits. On the other hand this forum has drawn a road map that many of us should be able to learn from and go forward with our ideas. But I implore you if you are doing this, learn to drive before going on the road.  (Just as you did with your car!)

Have a Great Day.

Peter.

Network Your Way to Success. It's Fun! http://www.thenorthdevontimes.co.uk - You can have one or more!
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2007 4:26:03 PM
Hello ARthur

Well Peter has saved me most of the answer to your post!  And has expressed hisself far more articulately that i ever could - and he uses bigger words too! lol

What I was trying to express, and clearly did so badly - lol - is that I  observe that we have
a new product.in internet marketing where recruitment is the key   In place of product or service marketing, people are now marketing motivation in itself.  A great number of the products and services marketed on the internet are not of sufficient value to stand up on their own merits.  If they were this would be unnecessary. 

However what is now often  seen is the marketing of  motivation to succeed in getting referrals, to the point where the product or service involved is almost irrelvant - and certainly of secondary importance.  itself.   Get three referrals who get three referrals and get rich, with or without work - and your product?  "Well I'm not really sure".  And I am not referring to coaching courses and the like - but programmes where the sell on of motivation, overrides the importance of the product..  So, inevitably, where the product is weak, the business eventually dries up.

The problem here is that there certain experienced and unscrupulous marketers that start these programmes with the full knowledge of this situation, in order to make money out of being at the top of the downline referral system - and then, when it all fails, get out with their income intact and covered by law - leaving the average guy wondering what went wrong.

Due dilgence - forget the method of promoting and first find out if WHAT you are promoting is of value and then and only then decide whether you want to motivate yourself and other people you like to sell it.

Saludos
Jenny
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!