Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Red Hot Mamas
6/18/2007 12:54:33 PM
Hi Terry and all,

I hope even those of us not quite in the 50s are welcome.  The many pages in such a short time have taught me many things that I knew nothing about.  Besides, many of my friends are RED HAT LADIES! 

My wife is not quite a RED HAT Lady, but she does have red hair.  :)  And, I do believe she is 'hot'.

Oh, I'm wearing a RED shirt just to show my support for the RED HAT Ladies.  :)  This group has the right attitude.  
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2007 12:54:33 PM

Red Hat

Yikes, Dimitra!

If you are an old woman ... that makes me an old woman and believe me I'm most definitely NOT an old woman ... so guess what? ... you most certainly are NOT an old woman either!

I believe kerchief is the word you were looking for.  At what age did women in your country begin to wear their kerchief? 

Sincerely,

Terry

Red Hat

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2007 12:59:32 PM

Red Hat

Welcome Joe Downing!

You are most welcome to visit us.  Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!  Love the red shirt!

I love red hair too.  Our Granddaughter has beautiful red hair ... temper to match too!

Thank you ... as Jill Bachman says, "Attitude Is Everything!"

Sincerely,

Terry

Red Hat

+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/18/2007 1:46:47 PM
Dear Terry,

Fortunately women in Greece don't wear kerchives any more. Only a few in small villages. That was aweful. Women in the past wore this on their head from the age of 40 and sometimes earlier if they were widows. Not now except some women in the villages over 70 years old.

Of course I was joking when I said I am an old woman. There are no old women now (lol).

Love

Dimitra
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2007 4:15:05 PM

Red Hat

Dear Dimitra,

I'm so happy you clarified the age thingy!  I agree and I don't believe we don't age the same anymore.  I remember the days of Granny's, rocking chairs and knitting. 

We're much more active now days and that's a good thing!  You're much more likely to see us out Gardening (not me!), exercising (sometimes!) and mowing the lawn (do that one!)

My Grandmother just celebrated her 92nd birthday and although I wouldn't necessarily says she is having the time of her life, she does do very well.  She has the aches and pains and some health issues, but she still gets around on her own and her mind is clear.

I look forward to being the same way when I'm her age.

Sincerely,

Terry

Red Hat

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!