Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THIRTY SECOND EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
6/17/2007 1:39:09 AM

You're very welcome, Joyce!

Congratulations for going back!  Its obvious from what you tell that New Orleans needs you and others like you too. 

I'm happy to hear you have a "BIG mouth" as you put it because sometimes it takes a BIG mouth to make someone listen and to get things done.

Congratulations to you for know how to use it!

I look forward to Making A Difference with you.

Thank you to Luella and the team for featuring Maya Angelou.  In doing so, it enabled you to bring the problems in New Orleans to the forefront. 

Sincerely,

Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2007 1:45:10 AM

Thank you, Georgios!

Maya Angelou does indeed deserve to be recognized as a Woman of Courage.  She is remarkable with her great talent and the courage to be a woman.

Sincerely,

Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2007 7:59:41 PM

Hello Terry!

I am so glad you enjoyed that verse.  It is one of my favorites.  Your little angel is darling.  I'm partial to angels.

Hugs!

Luella

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2007 9:13:06 PM

My dear Joyce,

You can pipe in anytime you wish for as long as you wish.

I read your post with interest and your description of the plight of many women, burdened my heart. 

Last Thursday, while spending the day with James, we drove down to Gulfport and I was amazed to still see the destruction and the still shattered lives.  Katrina wiped out entire neighborhoods and for miles on end, all that is left of homes that once stood there is the foundation.  I even half playing, but with a certain sorrow remarked to James, "Look, that little pig built his house out of brick, but the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and even blew THAT house down."

Silently, I thought of you and your neighborhood.  The fact that we still have people who don't believe that they can amount to anything is inexcusable.  All children deserve the best, the best education, the best care, and the best love.  However, some still get the meager crumbs.  In the times we live in, we should have moved on from being white, black, asian, middle eastern, and so forth.  By now we should all be one, treating each other with the respect and honor of being created in God's very own image.  Sadly, we are not there yet.  There is still that line that separates you from me.  There are still those that would say "You are different."  There is still much work to be done to erase those boundaries that we have created.

I often say that too many of us remain silent and watch the world pass us by.  it is time for us to become involved in our communities. It is time we stopped thinking about my kid and your kid.  They should all be our kids.

We are in the 21st century.  Time we all worked together to make the world a better place leaving no man behind.  No child should ever be hungry or feel that they are not worthy.  It is time for everyone, from our leaders on down to realize the true meaning of life and to act accordingly.

Love and Hugs,

Luella

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky wood

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2007 9:26:36 PM

Hello Georgios!

So glad you enjoyed Maya Angelou's story!   She did choose a beautiful name.

I also wish you a very Happy Father's Day!

Luella

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!