Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
This thread is locked.
Promote
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: My Poetry Page No: 2 [DEVOTIONALS]
4/21/2009 8:17:23 PM
Correction: Oops Pauline...I meant to type in Ransomed Heart in my above post & typed in Braveheart. 

Cheryl ;-)

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2009 12:58:32 PM
Thanks so much for coming by Cheryl,

heres something I just added to the main page.

Exodus 31:1-3

1 Then the LORD said to Moses,

2 "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah,

3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts-

When God Calls

When God calls
we just have to go
for he gifts us with
all that we need to know.

Blessings of knowledge
understanding and compassion
to fulfill life's purpose
of telling the nation's!!

Spreading the good news,
of Jesus His Son,
His work on the Cross
so that we could be one/won!

Open your hearts
and open your minds,
is it his voice you hear
calling our name?

©Pauline Raina2009

hugz 

Pauline
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/2/2009 12:54:30 AM
Pauline, Cheryl, and Everyone, hi! I found my way here Pauline to your recent poem, that is the word of the hour! Which is, When God calls! Let me share a word you sent to me earlier today here with others... "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever." Amen! This is a word from God today for those who God may be sending it to... "After" you have suffered a while, "After" you have done the will of God, "Then"...God will establish you, then, you will receive the promises! If the doors aren't opening and the blessings aren't seeming to fall, it may be because we are still in the desert that is leading us to the well watered wells of Mideon. Jesus did not come into his glory until he had walked the path that led to it. There is a path that leads to the things God has promised you, and there are no short cuts or quick bypasses. Moses endured every step of the desert experience, and it had to be so, so that he would be prepared for what lied ahead. There is a season of "preparation," that comes before the promises, and not until it is fully complete will the doors to the promises open. But know this, that while in the desert we may sometimes feel that we are very alone and that God has left us to walk alone; he has not! For did he not say, I will never leave you or forsake you? Has he ever before? Can you name one time? Many today are on the brink of "later years" callings and promises, Amen. God is saying today, do not be weary in well doing, and Do Not surrender your faith which has great recompense of reward! In due time you know you will reap, if you faint not. We have already been told that this life is a "Fight of Faith." It is not a fight of the power and strength of human will my friends, but it is a fight to hold onto the very very thing that satan desires of you most! Do you think it's the strength of your human will and the desires of the human willthat he desires of you most? No indeed; there is nothing that satan desires more of the man or woman of faith than...their faith in God and all he has promised! If he can steal your faith he in effect steals the substance of the very real hopes God has placed in your heart, and he steals the soon coming "evidence" of your faith which will manifest as the very things God has told you will come to pass in your life. The word of the day is...hold on! And holding on to God's people means not letting go of the faith you have in God's promises to you for your life. And lastly let us remember that "His" are not the raging voices that beckon and call to our human to hurry and find "our own way." It's so often the seeking and pursuing of "our own" way that distracts us and gets us ofcourse and arriving late at God's purposes and promises in our lives! Rest in the Lord, be anxious for nothing, but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path, Amen. With hope for you also to come into the fullness of God's purposes in you and your life, love Kim
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/7/2009 3:13:55 AM
The Source of All Our Healing and All Our Strength
05/07/2009

Abiding in the love of God is our only hope, the only true home for our hearts. It’s not that we mentally acknowledge that God loves us. It’s that we let our hearts come home to him, and stay in his love. MacDonald says it this way:

When our hearts turn to him, that is opening the door to him . . . then he comes in, not by our thought only, not in our idea only, but he comes himself, and of his own will. Thus the Lord, the Spirit, becomes the soul of our souls . . . Then indeed we are; then indeed we have life; the life of Jesus has . . . become life in us . . . we are one with God forever and ever.
(The Heart of George MacDonald )

Or as St. John of the Cross echoes,

O how gently and how lovingly dost thou lie awake in the depth and centre of my soul, where thou in secret and in silence alone, as its sole Lord, abidest, not only as in Thine own house or in Thine own chamber, but also as within my own bosom, in close and intimate union. (Living Flame of Love)

This deep intimate union with Jesus and with his Father is the source of all our healing and all our strength. It is, as Leanne Payne says, “the central and unique truth of Christianity.”

(Wild at Heart , 130–31)

To subscribe to this email, create a profile at www.ransomedheart.com/myprofile
See also the Ransomed Heart Podcast at
www.ransomedheart.com/podcast

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/7/2009 3:22:09 AM

Dearest Kim

I am glad what I shared with you the other day blessed  you, thank you too for all the thoughts that you share..you are and inspiration.

Hey luv the new profile pic, you sure are beautiful inside n out :-)

Be blessed always

hugz

Pauline

+0