Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Cookbook-Vegetables
5/16/2007 8:43:37 PM
Delicious ! Creamy Apple Curry Soup ! 2 tablespoons butter 1 onion, chopped (white, purple or green) 1 tablespoon curry powder 2 pounds (about 5) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped 3 cups warm water 1 tablespoon of no salt Bouillion, Chicken or Beef 3/4 cup of cream, or half and half, or goat's milk 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper ( optional ) Directions: Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook, stirring occasionally. For 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Stire in curry powder, cook for 1 minute, stir in apples, water and boullion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes or until apples are very tender. Transfer mixture to blender in batches, cover and blend. OR use your mixer in the pan to blend to your liking... Then add cream and peper, cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. What a great soup, healthy and delicious ! Awesome to go with your buffalo jerky ! Feel free to experiment, add or delete with ingredients for this soup. If you prefer... leave out the cream for a clear, tasty soup ! http://sweetprofitsteam.jerkydirect.com Linda TeamLeader/Guardian
+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/17/2007 5:08:49 AM
Hi Friends,

Here is one of my favorites.  Every one who likes cooking will love it. :

This is the recipe (for 6 persons)

Ingredients

2 teacups finely chopped onions
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
3 big peppers ( one red, one orange, one yellow) cut into cubes
1 1/2 cups rice
450 gr Greek feta cheese cut into cubes
1 1/2 cups finely chopped dill
4 1/2-5 cups milk
Plenty of ground pepper

Preheat oven. Saute onions in oil. Then stir in peppers until tender.In a big bowl mix cooked onions and peppers with rice, feta cheese, dill and plenty of ground pepper.Pour mixture into heat resistant glass tray(pyrex) and stir in milk. Bake until surface becomes golden (about 45 min.). Allow to cool before cutting. 

Enjoy it.

Dimitra
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2007 7:27:57 AM
I was served this dish at a mother daughter banquet at the Reformed Church in Kenton Ohio. It is a tradition there. BAKED CARROTS 10 carrots chopped/sliced Add butter 2 c. bread crumbs (or crackers) 2 c. milk 2 egg yolks fold in 2 egg whites beaten stiff Bake one hour
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2007 8:09:06 AM
When your garden is over run with cucumbers, give some to your friends and neighbors. Keep a few for your next meal to cook in a unique manner. YES I said cooked cucumbers. The key is to cook only 1 minute and let stand to finish cooking. COOKED CUCUMBERS Cut peel cumcumbers lengthwise into 1 inch logs. Scoop out seeds if desired. Cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar, one teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cook one minute. Leave uncovered at least eight minutes. Drain, sprinkle with pepper, chopped parsley or chives. Add a dab of sour cream or yogurt.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2007 8:50:29 AM
BEV'S ZUCHINI SQUARES from my friend Beverly who loves to take fresh zuchini from the garden and make this tasty baked vegetable dish. It is the cheese and spices that make you just love this!! BEV'S ZUCHINI SQUARES 1 C. flour 1/2 C. chopped onion 1/2 C. Parmesian cheese 1 C. chopped garlic 2 T. parsley chopped or flakes 3 C. zuchini (sliced or shredded) 1/2 t. oregano or marjaram salt & pepper 4 beaten eggs. pour into 13X 9 pan bake at 350 degrees. Cut into squares.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!