Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro Cookbook-Vegetables
5/16/2007 7:16:41 PM
Come share your most loved vegetable recipes. How will you know if they are that loved???? Simply consider if everyone cleaned their plate and ate all their veggies when you last served it. ********************************************************* You never bring home left overs when this dish goes to a carry in meal. It has a lot of calories but its worth it just to enjoy potatoes like this. POTATO CASSEROLE: # 2 pkg. country style frozen Orida Potatoes 3/4 stick of butter 1/2 c. chopped onions 8 oz. cheddar cheese shredded 1/2 t. salt 1/2 t. garlic salt 2 cans cream of chicken soup 1 pt. sour cream Mix the ingredients and pour into a 9 X 13 baking dish Topping: 2 c. crushed townhouse crackers 3/4 stick butter Sprinkle with parmisian cheese if desired.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Cookbook
5/16/2007 7:20:20 PM
TOMATO PUDDING 1 no 2 can tomato puree 1 stick melted butter 1 c. brown sugar 1 tsp. lemon juice 4 slices dry or toasted bread cut into cubes Boil: tomato puree and brown sugar. Add butter, lemon juice, and bread cubes. Pour into buttered baking dish. 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Cookbook
5/16/2007 7:32:30 PM
SWEET AND SOUR RED CABBAGE (8 SERVINGS) 3 t. Cooking Oil 6 c. shredded red cabbage 3 c. cubed unpared apple 1/3 c. brown sugar 1/3 c. vinegar 1/3 c. water 1 1/2 t. salt pepper 3/4 caraway seed Heat oil in skillet Add Cabbage & apple Pour remaining items over cabbage stir while cooking 15- 20 min on low heat
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Adlandpro Cookbook-Vegetables
5/16/2007 7:34:57 PM
Your AdlandPro cook will be competing for my "John Deere Breakfast" recipe. My email inbox had a congrats from KCTS saying that it successfully made it into the fund raiser cook book. 
+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Cookbook-Vegetables
5/16/2007 8:10:46 PM
Hi Mary,

Here goes. I don't measure when I cook but just use your judgment and this will turn out just fine.

Nick's Warm Vegetable Salad.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and throw in two or three whole dry chills and bit of sea salt. Add to the boiling pot about 4 or 5 carrots, sliced into chunky coins, about 1/2 inch thick. When the water comes to a boil again, throw in half a large cauliflower broken into florets. When the water comes to a boil again, throw in a cup or so of frozen peas. When the water come to a boil again, (sound a bit repetitive?) drain the vegetable then throw them into a nice deep bowl.

Grate one fat glove of garlic into the the veggies,  sprinkle with some sea salt to taste, grind in some fresh black pepper. Onto to this sprinkle some red or white wine vinegar (good quality please) then some green gold,( extra virgin olive oil) to taste, but keeping in mind a three oil to one vinegar ratio. (Olive oils is good for you so don't be afraid of it, pour it on.)

Now toss and serve while still warm.

I serve this in small glass bowls on plates that then get a heaping pile of Nick's Arousing Salad.

Hope you enjoy.

Nick Grimshawe
Building better Salads together,

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!