Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SHARING THE TRUE MEANING OF EASTER
4/7/2007 5:32:04 AM
Jack, Thanks for stopping in.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/7/2007 5:32:48 AM
Hi Diane, Good to see you here. Happy Easter
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/7/2007 5:33:34 AM
Hi Nick, Beautiful card. Thanks for stopping in.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/7/2007 5:34:30 AM
Hi Ed, Glad to see you here. Have a happy holiday.
+0
4/8/2007 9:10:37 AM

Hello Mary and Friends

Mary, Thank You for inviting me to your Easter Forum. It was a wonderful idea to do this so people could take a moment or two and reflect on the true meaning of Easter.

I thought it would be nice to share a little about the Catholic Faith and what Easter means to us. These are the stations of the cross. The journey of Christ from the time he was sentenced to death untill he was buried in the tomb. This is Christ's final walk on earth before the ressurection

Virtual Stations of the Cross

Stations of the Cross

The Stations of the Cross, or Way of the Cross, is a form of devotion commemorating the Passion and death of Christ, consisting of a series of 14 meditations, or stations. Depictions of these stations are mounted on the walls of most churches below small crosses.

At Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Picayune, MS, not only do we have Stations in the church, but we also have a Stations of the Cross located in a special Prayer Garden next to the church.

A person making the Way of the Cross passes before each of these stations, pausing at each for prayer and meditation. A plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful for making the Stations of the Cross under the normal conditions:

• one is free from all attachment from sin
  • one receives the Sacraments of Penance and the Eucharist
  • one prays for the intentions of the Pope

For those that are impeded from making the Way of the Cross in the usual manner, a plenary indulgence can still be gained if, along with the above normal conditions, one spends at least one half hour in spiritual reading and meditation on the Passion and death of Christ. This Virtual Stations of the Cross is designed to help those who are unable to participate in a Way of the Cross. In this Virtual Stations of the Cross, you will be lead through the St. Charles Prayer Garden, one station at a time, and will be provided thoughts for contemplation and accompanying prayer.

All meditation, prayer & poetry within this Virtual Stations of the Cross were taken from a Douay-Rheims Bible.

Click on the graphic of the Stations of the Cross Prayer Garden above to enter.

end of page content
Home - About Us - Faith - Devotion - Organizations - Schedules
News - Links - Awards - What's New - Search

http://www.scborromeo.org/soc.htm

Sincerly With Many Blessings To You All

Bill Vanderbilt

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0