Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY REALLY MEAN TO YOU???
4/2/2007 11:08:00 PM
Hello my friends,

Please tell me What Christianity means to you???

I am having some trouble descerning how some see what Christianity means to them.

Why is there so many different views on what christianity means??

Please give me your feed back on what it means to you.

Do you think  people are as Christian as they say they are???
How does one really know if you are a real Christian or not???
Do we just leave it in Gods hands???

Kathy Hamilton/simikathy.com
253 277 1238
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY REALLY MEAN TO YOU???
4/2/2007 11:20:20 PM
get in contact

Before I give my view, I have included views expressed by my brothers and sisters at Wesleyan Church, on what Christianity means to them. Then I will present what this greatly misunderstood way of living means to me. Be blessed and enjoy!

What Christianity means to me
Simone and Gennine

Simone
‘Christ died for me and everybody else in the world.’

Gennine
‘A way of living…the future the past and the present all in one’

Herman

Herman
‘Christianity to me means being honest to God, following the words of Christ who was God in the flesh…..making my life His pleasure.’

Emma

Emma
‘Being the best I can be.’

Matthew
‘I hope that through me people can see the light…..I love being a Christian.’

Ajay

Ajay
‘Its more than just knowing there is a God…it's a real relationship.’

Mark

Mark
‘A way of life in my soul, in my heart, in my mind….Christianity means my all.’

Christianity means many things to me

Christianity to me means a relationship with God. You may say, well, what’s new?

James

Every faith claims to know God. But this is where the distinction starts and the similarities to any other faith end.

Christ teachings are the one and only to depict God seeking out man. Every other faith involves mans constant pursuit of God.

Through Christ, God sought after His own people of love. The relationship is as real as the one with your brother or sister, yet better.

Religion and relationship...

Christianity right now is in two divides with itself in two aspects. Religion and relationship.

Religion as in doctrines, traditions, etc... but don’t get me wrong, some of this is biblical and therefore God given. But Christ came to give life, not religion. Christianity as in a religion never came out of His mouth.

When you are religious to something you will die for it so only in that sense would I class the following of Christ as religion.

He sought after so much more than we realize. He doesn’t want respect, admiration, or false honour. He wants YOU. Those other things will come and be real, as they can easily be faked.

This is where relationship comes in, and describes what this faith means to me.

For God so loved the world...

The Holy Bible

I could not defend Christian religion as an advocate for all the atrocities committed in the Fathers name, and would not be as farcical as to even try, but Jesus is another matter entirely.

Christianity means many things to me as you can see. His word states,

‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.' John 3:16.New King James Version.

It states he gave His Son. Not the church, not the Pastor, not religion, not science, not philosophy, but His Son,for the ‘world’ which in real terms is people. After all trees and animals don’t commit wrongs – we do. Seriously, that is love incomprehensible. God came to me in the form of Jesus.

Christianity to me means...

life changing love and security, in that it is not on how I feel, or what I think that God works with, but on what my heart of hearts knows, and believes!

Halleluyah!

In Jesus name.

James

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/2/2007 11:35:09 PM

Hi Kathy,

I find that many people call themselves Christian but don't really want to do what the term implies. Jesus was sent to be our example. As a Christian we should try to follow in His example as much as possible. Another one of my heroes that I try to immulate is Mother Theresa. As it says in the Bible two of the most important things to do is to put God first, to love Him with all of our heart, mind and soul, and live our lives by what He would want us to do. Live so that others see your life as a living example of Christianity. The other really important aspect is to love others as we love ourselves. Faith, Hope and Love but the greatest of these is Love. Someone is always watching what we do and say and as a Christian we are to be a living example of God's love, to let our light shine. We are God's mouth, God's eyes, God's hands, God's heart and God's feet. We were put on this earth to help others.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

Thank you for joining us.
http://empower.thisworks.biz

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2007 11:50:40 PM

Thank you Kathy for that opening of the eyes post, some of us desperatly need that. As a Disciple of Christ i too need encouragment, how does one encourage if one doesnt get there daily food? (bible)(Spiritual books). As a teacher, i also need to be taught. 1 Peter 2:13-17 is one of my passages that i commit to.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2007 12:09:57 AM

Hi Kathy,

I believe it is simply believing and accepting Jesus Christ as your savior with all your heart, following the commandments and obeying what Jesus instructed us to do.... "love one another as I have loved you".  Jesus never added a bunch of fluff to being his follower.  He simpliefied it with that statement.  Love one another as He loved us.  With that said, what does it mean to love someone as Jesus loves them?  A lot of people have difficulty understanding this.  They can love some, but others are not so loved. 
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!