Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: 3 levels to Commitment
4/19/2007 5:32:12 AM

Hello Dona,

You hit the proverbial nail right squarely on the head. There is just so much going on it is easy to get "caught up" in a mess of it......... unless...........

Here I want to say "unless we slow down" but that is not really it. It's more like "unless we declutter." Dona, your statement 'involved in too many things or activities or businesses' which should include having too much stuff to take care of is a key problem. The underlying issue to that is having an indenity crisis; ie, needing things outside of ourselves to fill something missing inside, and trying to fill that void. The very old axiom "know thyself" is so very true.

When we really know ourself then making commitment, taking action, finding passion and staying focused becomes the way of living...........because it is on purpose, on target, in focus........simply because it is in line with the internal identity. Then the whole universe supports and fulfills one's commitment. Actually, there would be nothing in the way of that passion being filled.

It's a Great Day to BE Alive, gsmystic

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Quote to add to 3 levels of commitment
4/28/2007 6:19:59 PM

Here is a Quote that fits the topic on commitment!

"Everything is always impossible before it works. That's what entrepreneurs are all about - doing what people have told them is impossible."........  by ...H Greene

+0
Robert Montgomery

140 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Quote to add to 3 levels of commitment
5/2/2007 6:44:57 AM

Neil:

How very true you are with your last statement!

Everything is always impossible before it works. That's what entrepreneurs are all about - doing what people have told them is impossible."........  by ...H Greene

How many times has anyone tried to accomplish something in their life, and told it is impossible, or you will never make it work, you are wasting your time?

We all have come across this at one point or another. Mostly happens I have found to deal with starting a business, whether a home based one or a business such as McDonalds.

We have our friends and families tell us that we can not do it. So what do we do?

We work harder at it to make them eat their own words. To the point that those who have said we can't do it, tell us the reason we couldn't do it is because they couldn't do it.

We will always be told it is an impossible thing we are trying to do. It is just not possible.

But we are commited to prove to those around us That we can do it and we end up doing it for spite.

We rise and fall while learning what all must be done to accomplish our commitment.

If everyone had listened to those who said we can't do something, we wouldn't have the many types of businesses, friendships, or anything. Because that determination that drive that commitment to make it work to spite others, drives us to make it work.

If we fail we fail big time, if we gain we gain big time.

So yes commitment is the key in everything.

Are we commited to ourselves as much as we are commited to having something?

To those who say I can't do something:

I can do anything I want. Just do not tell me I can't just because you can't!

I did it!!!!!!!!

Ram_Industries
Robert Montgomery
http://Martech-Inc.biz

Ram_Industries Robert A. Montgomery http://Martech-Inc.biz
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Quote to add to 3 levels of commitment
5/2/2007 7:03:11 AM

Hi Robert and Neil!

Robert there is proverbial wisdom in your words.  The commitment and the knowing that we CAN makes any endeavor a success before we begin.

Thanks

Judy

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: 3 levels to Commitment
5/2/2007 10:56:47 AM

Thanks Robert and Judy for dropping by this thread and sharing your valuable insight.

Funny thing about the third level of commitment - so few people reach that level yet the razors edge theory kicks in.... there is a rasors edge of difference between those who win and those who loose.

Another quote the ties in is

"You win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash."
-- Douglas MacArthur, General

Commitment to the 3rd level is just an eyelash more than commitment to the 2nd level..... and the difference between commitment to the 2nd level is just an eyelash more then commitment to the 1st level.

May all those who read this "understand this simple wisdom", then reach within and make their lives a walking example of a 3rd level commitment!

Cheers!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!