Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dee
Dee Hudson

370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Remmbering My Dad
3/24/2007 7:48:55 PM

I wanted to share this poem my sister wrote for my Dads Funeral 7 years  ago

Dad & Laura

01/11/1911 ~ 24/03/2000

DAD

Through out my life you have always been there for me, no matter what I did right or wrong, what ever I said, what ever I called you in temper, anger and rage, and for being just that silly age. You have never stopped loving me.

You were there to feed and change me, where ever or when ever you could, you walked head held high as you carried or nursed me in your arms always proud to call me your little girl, even when I have grown up, I will always be your little girl. You have never wronged me, judged or loathed me.

To me you will always be there, even now when your gone, I know that your there watching over me, guiding me and comforting me when ever I need you. I need you now Dad to hold me and wipe away my tears, but Dad I don’t know if I will ever really be able to let you go, though my heart says, this time is yours.

You braved the world and war, and with mum, you gave me life God only knows you have had to fight. You deserve this rest, but dad you will never die, In my heart you are always going to be there for me, just as always.

I love you Dad, and always will, thank you for being you and for all you have done to make me a part of you. Never will time pass by without a tear, or twinkle in my eye as I remember you and say goodbye.

Your little girl…… Laura

01/11/1911 ~ 24/03/2000

Author: Laura,

Written with love and tears, Read with love in tears at your Funeral Service.

You will always be loved and so very special Dad...

+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Remmbering My Dad
3/24/2007 7:59:25 PM

All I can say is WOW. WHAT a Beautiful set of words.  May my little girl think the same way about me.  Bless you and your Family!

JR

+0
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2007 8:09:42 PM

Hello Dee!

I think we should remember our loved ones who left us with love, peace and joy. We are made of energies, and if they feel our positive energies, they feel happier. Our loved ones watch over us, they often come to visit us, we just don't see them.

Your father was a remarkable man.

God bless you,

Natalya

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
Dee
Dee Hudson

370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2007 8:18:17 PM
Thank you for your kind words JR, Yes it is a beautiful poem, I know that I could not write like it.

Take Care

Dee

+0
Dee
Dee Hudson

370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2007 8:22:20 PM
Hello Natalya,

Yes you are right, I have said as much to My sister Laura. She is still so full of grief and has not come to terms with Dads death even now.

I hope that in time the pain will ease a little.

Take care

Dee
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!