Menu

Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: I would like to make you famous.
7/5/2005 9:10:04 AM
Hi Bogdan, As for my input, I think the basic idea is wonderful, as I have met several members here who on their own would never ask for such a thing, but are fully deserving of any noterity that they can be given. Members such as Dave Young and Kathy Martin, just to name 2 that continously and consistently dedicate so much of their time helping others through their sharing of valuable information, caring of others, personal phone calls and email replies, and yet they never ask for anything in return. I would love to see members such as these honored in print and/or radio. It could also be a fantastic way of bring more attention to adlandpro as the meeting place for such kindly, intelligent and caring individuals. That's my take on it anyway
New Reply
+0
7/5/2005 11:25:57 AM
Hi Bogdan, There are some people who would like to see their name published in articles in various local newspapers, or have interviews with local radio and TV stations and pay money to be "Be famous." No if I did this they would have to pay me, but if it was for Charity I would do it free. Personally this would not interest me that I have had the opportunity and have done it all: Represented England at Sport Represented the Royal Air Force at Sport. Was one of the first to be filmed in a play inside a church and this was shown on television. Deputised for someone who took fright to do it, and gave a broadcast translated by a University Professor at an Industrial Fair in Denmark and the three Islands. I was famous for this at the time. Have been in the newspapers and been on the front page on one occasion had a bad car crash and nearly lost my life. No having ability to do this it does not interest me I would rather stay in the background and enjoy a quiet life, but am always ready to give help when needed. I will always remember saying to my father “Why don’t you be Mayor Dad, he said there are many fools in the Town Hall wanting recognition I don’t wish to join the crowd. Bryan Webb – United Kingdom. ***********************# EARN and LEARN at: http://englishwww.en101.com JOIN US to BUILD a BETTER UNIVERSE "How would you feel if you knew for sure that you were entering the most successful time of your life?" http://bw0119622.betteruniverse.com "FERRARI" FLASH PRESENTATION: http://www.movie.ws/1abiz/show ***************************#
New Reply
+0
Dave Young

151 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/5/2005 12:46:51 PM
Hello Bogdan, Thanks for the invite. My opinion on this subject is that we are networkers and a lot of people don't like to be famous. We all love recognition, but I feel that I like to be recognized by the people that I have had an impact on. I feel we can help many people using the word of mouth avenue. I keep tabs on the new people coming into the Adland community, and they are outstanding. It is because of all the members in the comunity caring and sharing, that makes this community as great as it is. Lets all keep growing together without being famous, just great friendships. I wish you all the best,
New Reply
+0
7/5/2005 2:22:40 PM
bonjour mon cher Bogdan J'attends beaucoup de PressMania.et je veux bien me sortir d'affaire avec adlanPro avec lequel je suis depuis son lancement. salutations Mr.B.Midoun
New Reply
+0
7/5/2005 5:13:55 PM
Hi Bogden, I think you're describing the services of a press agent or maybe a PR agent. To answer your questions: While the next step for my business is to gain more publicity, I would not pay $1,000 to have my local paper run a story on me. I live in a very small town, so a locl story is not going to have the reach I would want for that kind of money. I don't think there's any way you could guarantee an interview as a result of a local news story. If the interview really is part of the package, that might affect my decision, but in my opinion, $1,000 is a lot to spend without any guarantee of results. Also, I am a "do-it-yourself" kind of person, so I am far more likely to try to come up with the publicity angle myself and submit my own press release through various channels. While help would be wonderful, I'd rather invest $5,000 worth of my time and figure it out for myself through trial and error. This way I would be able to duplicate my own successful efforts in the future instead of having to pay so much again and again whenever I wanted more exposure. I also know several people who write and submit press releases for far less than $1,000. Have a Profitable Day, Cathy Wagner Online Business Expert Providing Freedom-Seeking Entrepreneurs with Low-Risk, Online Profit-Building Guidance. http://www.onestopinternetbusiness.com
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!