Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's middle name day
3/11/2007 10:48:37 AM

Hi Lorraine Ann Mary,

You confused, what the heck do you think we feel like?  You have many AKA's.

Thanks for explaining the Catholic practice of adding another name.  Somehow, I thought that was the practice but forgot that that would not happen until confirmation time.

Ok Lorraine, you did not know me when I was Mary Alice, so don't be so cute!!!

+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2007 12:51:34 PM

That is so cool Mary,

Thanks for the great info on my middle name!

It's always great to learn something new.

Jason

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2007 1:52:23 PM

Hi Jason Grant,

Glad you came back to see that we found your name.  All it takes is the name you want to find, coma  name meaning and up google came with the name Grant meaning. 

+0
3/11/2007 7:50:20 PM
Hi Mary,

Alright it is Laura Ann. Nothing too exciting. I am going to assume Ann is like Marie a name that is used quite often. I'll have to agree with Judy when I heard Laura Ann I knew I better hide I was in trouble with Mom.

Hi Nick,

Nice Visual! You are toooooooo funny!

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2007 8:08:42 PM

Hi Laura Ann,

Sorry to say but the name Ann or Anne is losing favor as shown on the graph below.  It's still a grand ol name.

Add to favorites (0) | Email this

The boy's and girl's name Ann \a-nn\ is pronounced an. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "favored grace". Simplified form of Anne, the English form of Hannah. A name favored by royalty and commoners for centuries. Among the royal name bearers: two queens of England, a queen of France, an empress of Russia and, today, Princess Anne of England. Also made popular by L.M. Montogomery's story "Anne of Green Gables" (1908). Anna is the European form; Anya is Russian. Annie is a pet form; Anouk is a French pet form. Saint Anne (mother of the Virgin Mary); Anne Boleyn, Queen of England; ballerina Anna Pavlova; Wild West sharpshooter Annie Oakley; actresses Anouk Aimée, Anne Bancroft, Anne Heche, Anna Paquin; writer Ayn Rand; diarist Anne Frank; tennis player Anna Kournikova; golfer Annika Sorenstam.

Ann has 96 variant forms: Aine, Ana, Anabel, Anci, Anechka, Anelie, Anet, Anett, Anette, Anh, Ania, Anica, Anika, Aniko, Anissa, Anita, Anitra, Anjanette, Anka, Anke, Anki, Anne, Anna, Annabel, Annabella, Annabelle, Annaelle, Annalisa, Anneke, Annelle, Annelore, Annetta, Annette, Anni, Annice, Annick, Annie, Annimae, Annina, Annis, Annise, Annora, Annus, Annuska, Anny, Anona, Anouche, Anouk, Anoushka, Anouska, Antje, Anushka, Anuska, Anya, Anyoushka, Anyshka, Anyu, Asya, Ayn, Hajna, Hana, Hanja, Hanka, Hanny, Nan, Nana, Nance, Nancee, Nancey, Nanci, Nancie, Nancy, Nanete, Nanette, Nanette, Nanice, Nanine, Nanni, Nannie, Nanny, Nanon, Nanor, Neti, Nettia, Nettie, Netty, Nina, Ninette, Ninon, Ninor, Ninoshka, Nita, Nona, Nonie, Oni and Onie.

For more information, see also related names Ancina, Anice, Annamaria, Annemae, Ansonia, Antoinette, Antonia, Bethany, Luana, Marian, Maryann, Rayann, Ruthann and Anthea.

Baby names that sound like Ann are Una, Ina, Agna, Aina, Ena, Annah, Win, Jen, Yna, Jan, Jann, Jenn, Wynn, Wyn and Yann.

Ann is a very popular female first name and a popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the girl's name Ann. Click here to compare Ann with related baby names.

United States Top 1000 rankings for: Ann

We don't often talk, my Ohio friend.  So don't stay away so long.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!