Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Opinions Needed. Why are people reluctant to post on Adlandpro forums
3/7/2007 9:51:05 PM
I highly agreed with you. Posting of interesting topic is a must to attarct more post reply to your discussion thread.
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2007 10:04:49 PM
Hi, Bill, There are many reasons that people do not post to the forums but I think the primary reason is quite simply the time it takes. When I post, it isn't just a case of seeing what started the forum off in the first place and responding to that, it is a case of reading the full thread and responding to the totality of responses as well as the initial post. From my own observations, too many people who do post only reply to the initial entry - comments made by others are ignored. I see no evidence of a 'fear' of posting. There are many posts by bad spellers, posts containing grammatical inaccuracies, posts that add nothing but say that someone was there, posts that are in total disagreement, posts that are totally irrelevant (like ads, for example) and posts that are simply made to achieve a 'ranking' in the system. Many 'forums' that are initiated are not forums at all - they are simply advertisements and do not call for a response other than to 'sign up'. Not all forums appeal to all people put we have enough members and such a diversity of talent and knowledge that I would have expected that any reasonable forum would have attracted attention from enough members to make the forum owner happy. Not all Adlanders ONLY belong to one community. It is very difficult to keep abreast of all developments in all the forums to which you might be signed up. Those with a small list of friends will have a much smaller exposure than those with a mega list of friends and so, get a smaller response. Not every forum has appeal to many people. For example, I have a forum running to aid myself in my search for God. Not many people have contributed but those that have have been extremely helpful and open in their responses. They have also shared with me a part of thier lives which many of us are afraid to acknowledge because of the general feeling that religion is a subject that cannot be discussed in a quiet and adult way. The small number of responses I have received has been of far greater value than loads of vaccuus or 'programmed' responses. Of course, more genuine responses would have been nice but I am extremely happy with those that I have received. On the subject of 'Thanks for the info', I see no objection to these, however, I do find the profusion of sparkly pictures, bereft of all personal comment, to be disappointing. Not only that, these pictures slow down the speed at which a forum loads - especially when America, where most members live, is on line. There seems to be no evidence of the claim that 'the old hands' will ridicule newbies. Where this 'fear', if it truly exists, came from I have no idea. My views are not always in line with or comfortable for the forum owner but I cannot think of a single instance where I was berated simply for posting. On the other hand, I can understand if an opinion is posted by someone who is not able or willing to 'fight their corner' and defend themselves against argument, that they would see this as beligerance rather than discussion. I could go on but I think the main points as I see them have been made. Arthur
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2007 10:34:40 PM

Good topic William, an important thing to consider. I don't post as often as I would like because I've been told I'm STUPID or a LIAR and I don't need that in my life. I don't want to be judged by people who don't know the real PAT.

If I could chose an ALIAS or AVATAR instead of my face, I'd consider more topics - like offering my opinion about entertainment, politics, child rearing etc.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2007 11:28:26 PM
Tried to use the Chat but William, you where a no show. Maybe this is a reason why many who you would expect to be posting - don't. Also, this definitely is a key question. I can only speak for myself but do agree with much of what has been posted. I think most members and users are in AdlandPro for business and not just fluff or warm fuzzies. Another reason, and I speak from experience, is that being misunderstood is a big fear of mine, thus just avoiding posting on a forum with potential of this happening, is my response.
On the other hand, this thread will reveal anyone who is on thin ice with regard to their mental health not financial wherewithall.  Notice that I did not say "has revealed anyone  who is on thin ice..."
+0
3/7/2007 11:43:41 PM

Hello Rudy

First, there are a few reasons I didn't respond to your request for a private chat. Yours is not a name that is familiar to me and I really expected a sales pitch like I get every other time I respond to a private chat with someone I don't know. I just don't like the private chat unless it is with someone I know. Also, I was very busy posting and reading replies to my forums. Perhaps another time. You see, it is much different responding to a forum than it is a private chat. The chat is now. The forum is when you get a chance. So no, I don't think my not responding to your private chat has much to do with why people don't post on forums.

I am very curious about your comment regarding mental health too Rudy. Would you mind explaining that a little more in detail.

Sincerly, Bill

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!