Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: TIME TO HONOR THE 84TH PERSON OF THE WEEK !!
3/5/2007 12:09:38 PM

Congratulations, Pat!  Enjoy your wonderful week in the spotlight as a princess.  You deserve the honour.

Sincerely, Terry

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 12:28:22 PM

Hello everyone.  My Bio in the POTW is a little hard to read. Something happened to change my formatting. Here is my BIO in Paragraph form:

I feel honored to be chosen POTW. Thanks to the friends who submitten my name and voted for me. I am sooooo surprised to have won this week. All the people nominated are terrific people!

I was born in Oregon and have lived here most of my life. I'm the oldest of 2 and have one sister 4 years younger. I also have 2 step sisters that live elsewhere. I attended high school and college  in  Oregon. Most of my work was in government and insurance: I worked for the State, City and County and in worker's comp.

In 1987 a friend set me up on a blind date with "Steve."  We met in Portland  under the "umbrella 
man" and went to a free Music by Moonlight concert by the Willamette River.  After our first date, we just kept on dating exclusively, fell in LOVE and were married about a year later. Our 20th wedding anniversary will be this year!!  Steve is the LOVE OF MY LIFE.

We live on a "floating home" on the Columbia River. We don't have children but our cats (Sophie and Snickers) are our 2 kids. I talk about them all the time and post lots of pictures. (You can see my girls with their St. Patrick's Day holiday garb in my Fun, Inspirational forum in just a few days!!) People who are animal lovers know HOW devoted we can be to our babies.

Hubby is in recycling & construction and I do his office work. Sometimes I help in demolition, 
recycling etc. I was a tomboy pretty much as a girl and never feel like I'm too prissy to pick up a hammer or wood pieces.  Exercise is what keeps us young and vital!!  Luckily Steve doesn't think that a woman can't "do a man's job!" 

Since we live in "Puddletown, USA" we get lots of rain.  We manage to have fun when isn't pouring. For fun we ( I drag him ~~ lol ) go to farmers markets, arts and craft and collectibles sales. We both like Estate, antique sales and flea markets and go crazy at Antique stores. I find stuff and have quite a collection. I have a Disney "PLUTO" collection but have stopped now cuz my case is full. I like old buttons, demitasse tea cups and teapots, vintage hankies, doilies and
old glass Christmas ornaments.  

I love "ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS" (Angels, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Snowmen and Santa.) I also like just general stuff, but I realize too much stuff just NEEDS
TO BE DUSTED!   I'm putting some of stuff to my nephews and niece and am selling it on ebay so other people can love my stuff.  

My favorite hobbies are reading (especially women's devotional, history (Great Britain, France and Russia), arts and crafts, sewing, quilting, making wreaths, scrapbooking. I'm in an online Christian Ladies Friends email group and we exchange stories, poems and prayers. I love to garden. 

I made cloth dolls until 2001 when I hurt my right hand. I fell on some concrete stairs and landed on my right hand and still have some nerve damage that has lasted all these years. Because of hand pain and my fingers being stiff, I cut down on my doll making and crafting. The cold winter really affects my hand making it cold and stiff. I sometimes type wearing a glove on my right hand. I still try to make dolls but they don't look as good as they did before I hurt my hand.

Yes, I like to garden, but we don't have a yard with "real dirt" -- I grow pots and pots and pots of flowers and veggies. Last summer we had tiny sweet cherry tomatoes. 4 tomato plants in BIG pots and they were just wonderful.  We had tomatoes nearly every day!!  I love lots of herbs, my basil nearly took over. Gees, I'm lucky we like PESTO!!  I thank God for giving us the good weather so
hubby and I can have salads all summer long.

The cats and I watch my husband fish. He just loves to "throw a worm in the river" - he's a "catch and release fisherman."  It's very relaxing after a day pounding the keyboard to take a good book out on the deck with Sophie and Snickers and watch the ducks! I have never seen a cat who loves to fish
like Snickers.  When hubby catches a small squaw fish, Snickers is RIGHT THERE!!  She picks the small ones in her mouth and proudly carries them into the house.  We pick them up and throw them back in the river. We also catch CRAWDADS!   We cook them up in BIG pots and have the family
over for a crawdad feed.

After I hurt my hand, I learned about computers and was introduced to networking. I've learned how to put my pictures that I took with the digital camera in some of the forums! 

AND I'M SOOOOO HAPPY TO BE selling on ebay again!  I was a pretty successful ebay seller before I got hurt. We have some "treasures" that I'll sell and a small stamp and postcard collection. If you want to check out my ebay sales, here's my ebay seller link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZonlygoodstuff5

I'm hoping my networking and programs pay off. I want to earn money to donate money to the schools. Children need a good education. I want to get involved in a "Big Sister" program because you stay young......being around the young. 

My favorite businesses are JERKY DIRECT, Club Galleria, and Miracle Matrix. I extend my thanks and a God Bless You to Linda Harvey!!  I talked with her in December after our computer "died" and she told me about Jerky Direct. Last month, I took the plunge and signed up!  I LOVE Jerky Direct. The Jerky is FANTASTIC.  HUBBY AND I LOVE IT!!  If you want to check out Jerky Direct, my link is  http://PatsJerkyTeam.jerkydirect.com  I help my TEAM
by advertising on Adland, free sites all over the Internet. When I get signups, I'll rotate them to my team members.  The team concept is important - team members helping each other. I have a Jerky Direct forum on Adland too: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/571016.aspx

My favorite Adland forum is my "fun" one: Humor, Friendship, Romance and Inspiration. Please post all your favorite LOVE poems, Inspirational stories, Jokes, Humor here and even Recipes!  Love is the most powerful emotion! Cry LESS, Laugh MORE, Smile OFTEN!  Here is the link:  http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/13228/ShowForum.aspx   I'd love for folks to read and post, there is something for everyone (the only thing I ask, is "keep it clean"!  God is looking over my forums!

Not but not least, I'm active in church. My Favorite Bible verse is John 3:16.  For GOD so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in HIM, shall not perish but have everlasting life.   Amen! 

I want to thank my friends in AdlandPro:  LaNell, Linda, Kathy, Sharon, Amanda, Carla Jill and  Deborah, you've all been supportive and inspirational. God Bless my Adland friends....all of you!  I offer a thank you to the Adlanders who voted for me.  Thanks to Bogdan for creating Adland - I love  this site and look forward to learning about all sorts of topics every day.

Hugs to all,Smiley Pat   

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 3:08:36 PM

Patricia!

How wonderful to see you as Person of the Week!  Your life's story is wonderful.

Congratulations my friend!  Have a lovely week!

Hugs!

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 3:08:37 PM

Hi Pauline & John, and Thanks Again for all of your Great Work.

Hello Pat,

CONGRATULATIONS

on being Honored, as this week's Person of the Week and Thanks for all of the many wonderful things you do here at Adland, which go such a long way towards making our Community one of the Best on the Web.

Enjoy Your Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 3:12:38 PM

Oops!  I have a fast trigger finger this morning. 

You are the Queen!

Muah!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!