Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
TIME TO HONOR THE 84TH PERSON OF THE WEEK !!
3/5/2007 1:27:15 AM

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week  o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Weeko~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~    

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

This weeks winner is a very intruiging lady and her name is Patricia B. She lives in Oregon along with her husband, and her pets. From Pat's bio you will see that she is an amazingly talented person, and a warm and loving friend to all.Congratulations Pat, on winning the Person Of The Week award, and for being a good friend, enjoy you week in the  limelight.:-)

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Here is Pat's bio                                     

I feel honored to be chosen POTW. Thanks to the friends who submitten my name and voted for
me. I am sooooo surprised to have won this week. All the people nominated are terrific people!

I was born in Oregon and have lived here most of my life. I'm the oldest of 2 and have one sister 
4 years younger. I also have 2 step sisters that live elsewhere. I attended high school and college 
in Oregon. Most of my work was in government and insurance: I worked for the State, City and
County and in worker's comp.

In 1987 a friend set me up on a blind date with "Steve."  We met in Portland under the "umbrella 
man" and went to a free Music by Moonlight concert by the Willamette River. After our first
date, we just kept on dating exclusively, fell in LOVE and were married about a year later.Our
20th wedding anniversary will be this year!!  Steve is the LOVE OF MY LIFE.

We live on a "floating home" on the Columbia River. We don't have children but our cats
(Sophie and Snickers) are our 2 kids. I talk about them all the time and post lots of pictures.
(You can see my girls with their St. Patrick's Day holiday garb in my Fun, Inspirational forum
in just a few days!!) People who are animal lovers know HOW devoted we can be to our babies.

Hubby is in recycling & construction and I do his office work. Sometimes I help in demolition,
recycling etc. I was a tomboy pretty much as a girl and never feel like I'm too prissy to pick up
a hammer or wood pieces.  Exercise is what keeps us young and vital!!  Luckily Steve doesn't
think that a woman can't "do a man's job!" 

Since we live in "Puddletown, USA" we get lots of rain.  We manage to have fun when isn't
pouring. For fun we ( I drag him ~~ lol ) go to farmers markets, arts and craft and collectibles
sales. We both like Estate, antique sales and flea markets and go crazy at Antique stores. I find
stuff and have quite a collection. I have a Disney "PLUTO" collection but have stopped now cuz
my case is full. I like old buttons, demitasse tea cups and teapots, vintage hankies, doilies and
old glass Christmas ornaments.  I love "ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS" (Angels, Jesus, Mary and
Joseph, Snowmen and Santa.) I also like just general stuff, but I realize too much stuff just NEEDS
TO BE DUSTED!   I'm putting some of stuff to my nephews and niece and am selling it on ebay so
other people can love my stuff.  

My favorite hobbies are reading (especially women's devotional, history (Great Britain, France and
Russia), arts and crafts, sewing, quilting, making wreaths, scrapbooking. I'm in an online Christian
Ladies Friends email group and we exchange stories, poems and prayers. I love to garden. 

I made cloth dolls until 2001 when I hurt my right hand. I fell on some concrete stairs and landed on
my right hand and still have some nerve damage that has lasted all these years. Because of hand
pain and my fingers being stiff, I cut down on my doll making and crafting. The cold winter really affects
my hand making it cold and stiff. I sometimes type wearing a glove on my right hand. I still try to make
dolls but they don't look as good as they did before I hurt my hand.

Yes, I like to garden, but we don't have a yard with "real dirt" -- I grow pots and pots and pots of
flowers and veggies. Last summer we had tiny sweet cherry tomatoes. 4 tomato plants in BIG pots
and they were just wonderful.  We had tomatoes nearly every day!!  I love lots of herbs, my basil
nearly took over. Gees, I'm lucky we like PESTO!!  I thank God for giving us the good weather so
hubby and I can have salads all summer long.

The cats and I watch my husband fish. He just loves to "throw a worm in the river" - he's a "catch and
release fisherman."  It's very relaxing after a day pounding the keyboard to take a good book out on
the deck with Sophie and Snickers and watch the ducks! I have never seen a cat who loves to fish
like Snickers.  When hubby catches a small squaw fish, Snickers is RIGHT THERE!!  She picks the
small ones in her mouth and proudly carries them into the house.  We pick them up and throw them
back in the river. We also catch CRAWDADS!   We cook them up in BIG pots and have the family
over for a crawdad feed.

After I hurt my hand, I learned about computers and was introduced to networking. I've learned how
to put my pictures that I took with the digital camera in some of the forums! 

AND I'M SOOOOO HAPPY TO BE selling on ebay again!  I was a pretty successful ebay seller
before I got hurt. We have some "treasures" that I'll sell and a small stamp and postcard collection. 
If you want to check out my ebay sales, here's my ebay seller link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZonlygoodstuff5

I'm hoping my networking and programs pay off. I want to earn money to donate money to the
schools. Children need a good education. I want to get involved in a "Big Sister" program because
you stay young......being around the young. 

My favorite businesses are JERKY DIRECT, Club Galleria, and Miracle Matrix. I extend my thanks
and a God Bless You to Linda Harvey!!  I talked with her in December after our computer "died" and
she told me about Jerky Direct. Last month, I took the plunge and signed up!  I LOVE Jerky Direct.
The Jerky is FANTASTIC.  HUBBY AND I LOVE IT!! 
If you want to check out Jerky Direct, my link is  http://PatsJerkyTeam.jerkydirect.com  I help my 
TEAM by advertising on Adland, free sites all over the Internet. When I get signups, I'll rotate them to
my team members.  The team concept is important - team members helping each other. I have a 

My favorite Adland forum is my "fun" one: Humor, Friendship, Romance and InspirationPlease post all your favorite LOVE poems, Inspirational stories, Jokes, Humor here and
even Recipes! Love is the most powerful emotion! Cry LESS, Laugh MORE, Smile OFTEN!  Here is the link:  http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/13228/ShowForum.aspx   I'd love for folks to read and post, there is something for everyone (the only thing I ask, is "keep it clean"!  God is looking over my forums!

Not but not least, I'm active in church. My Favorite Bible verse is John 3:16.  For GOD
so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever
believeth in HIM, shall not perish but have everlasting life.   Amen! 

I want to thank my friends in AdlandPro:  LaNell, Linda, Kathy, Sharon, Amanda, Carla Jill and 
Deborah, you've all been supportive and inspirational. God Bless my Adland friends....all of you!  I
offer a thank you to the Adlanders who voted for me.  Thanks to Bogdan for creating Adland - I love 
this site and look forward to learning about all sorts of topics every day.

Hugs to all,Smiley Pat   

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Well folks we told you she was a lady of many talents, so now go congratulate her. If Pat is not on your friends list, then do take time to invite her.:-)
Enjoy your week Pat and Congrats once again on winning the POTW.

With much love and blessings to you all from

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Vote POTW! WOW JS!

+0
Re: TIME TO HONOR THE 84TH PERSON OF THE WEEK !!
3/5/2007 1:47:03 AM

Hello Pauline!  :-)

Thank you for helping me with the POTW forum!

CONGRATULATIONS PATRICIA ON WINNING THE POTW AWARD!!!  ;-)

Enjoy your week!

John Sanchez

Taking it to the next level by tapping into the 4th dimension!  JRS

For as Man thinks so is He...! (Paraphrased from Prov. 23:7)

From the abundance in your mind come the manifestations in your life... JRS ©

If you believe in yourself then others will believe in you and it’s then when doors will begin to open for you... JRS ©

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 5:44:59 AM
Hi Everyone, Congrats to Queen Patricia ! You are shining this week, Pat.  lol,LaNell 
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 9:01:08 AM
HEARY HEARY!

An expression of JOHN SANCHEZ
Than YOu GoodWill Amabassador for the invitaton
be a member of tour forum.

I see a changes here.

Congratulations John

for having a colegue
one of my best friends
PAULINE RAINA

I see also a Queen here.
Oh PATRICIA YOU
MADE IT WITHOUT MY VOTE
I just came in after a long tripp
out in the world.

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND
YOU DESERVE TO BE A WINNER
A QUEEN AND A STAR

GREETINGS
GEORGIOS

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2007 9:31:20 AM

Congratulations, Pat!

Since you mention St. Pat's day, I brough you a song from The Corrs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFRo9z2t_Co

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!