Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: { PRAYER OF SALVATION,,,, PASS IT ON!!!!!!!!}
2/18/2007 12:18:08 AM

Hello My Friends!

God is so good!

Natalya
www.newwealthways.net/covina

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 12:39:30 AM

Love you Paulina, just trying do state "Believers in Baptism" This is baptism as an adult, but is not done in conjuction with understanding that one is being saved at this point in time (John 3:5, Acts 2:38). "Retroactive understanding" is not sufficient for salvation.  I have written in some other forum of my belief is that "accept Jesus into your heart" (Same teaching as praying Jesus into your heart-Just differant terminolgy.) Based on Romans 10:9 You must look at the scripture in context. Paul is addressing the problem of the Israelites: unbelief that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God. Read further on to Romas 10:13 When do you call on the Lord? At Baptism (Acts22:16)  I would like to talk about "Baptism does not save you" as 1 Peter states 3:21 sats that baptism does not save you through the resurection of Jesus Christ. Acts 2:38 teaches that sin is forgiven at baptism- one is saved at the point sin is forgiven.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 6:10:26 AM

Dear Thomas,

I was not long ago convinced that it was the act of water baptism that saved me and without it I would surely go to hell. BUT thank God for his guidance thru his Holy Spirit, I see so clearly now. All I would like to say here is pray about it as I will be praying too, I  too have taken Baptism [adult] I was 18yrs old. I was Baptised as a baby, then my parents later attended the Church of England  denomination. There I received my Confirmation when I was 12yrs old !!! That was not until I had for 3 months daily attended Scripture classes and passed an exam !! All the while thinking that  that was what got me to heaven!!

Well,  it has taken  so many years  for me to realize we are saved thru GRACE as said in Ephesians 2:8-9 'for it is by GRACE you have been saved, through faith..and not  of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by  your works, lest any man should boast.'  This is the foundation I base my belief on.

I also believe that it is satans ploy as always deceive man into believing that man can play his own God, and lead us to think in a self righteious way...but God says this of us......Rom;3:20 'Therefore no-one will be declared righteous in his sight....... vs 23 ...for all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God and are justified freely by HIS GRACE through the redemption that came throught JESUS CHRIST.'

I believe that nothing we do or dont do takes us to heaven save the shed blood of JESUS  and  GODS ABUNDANT GRACE.

Grace and Peace to you dear Thomas

Paulina [:-) as you so like calling me ]

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 9:44:50 PM
Hello Paula and other Adlandpro Friends,
God bless you all!
Amazing Grace is one of my favorite songs and was my great grandfather's too. I was baptized as an infant also and I was brought up in church but didnt know the Lord. Baptism  means Immersion. I was baptized after receiving the Lord.
God is awesome and I love you all and thanks for you all being such good friends... may God's blessing touch your lives in Jesus' name ! AMEN! :)
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Lisa Simpkins

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 10:04:22 PM

Hi Carla,

I have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my life 6 years ago and was Baptized.My grandfather on my Mothers side was a Preacher in Misouri and he Baptized in a river down in the mountain valley in VanBueren Mo.We used to hold the old tent revivals there at the campgrounds.I have had Christ in my life since I was a little girl growing up.I did lose him for awhile until lifes lessons have taught me different.I have accepted him back in my life now and know he is the only way for me.

God Bless All!

EditingMySpace.com,Your
 one stop graphic spot

Thank You

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!