Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharudin Rahmat

6 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: How to get REAL traffic
3/24/2007 6:48:31 PM
Hi Dave, I was desperate to get online traffic, joining all kinds of traffic exchanges or websites that promises visitors that I forget about the most classic type of getting traffic. Word of mouth Yes, word of mouth. If the product or services you're promoting is good, news will spread fast. Business cards Your business cards should be printed both sides. Front side shows your company detail while the back side, shows more detail about the product or services you're promoting. Do not just give a card to each person you know. Instead give out as many cards you possibly can, during lunch breaks, business deals, etc. If they are interested on your services, they will give you a call. Oh yes, brochures helps too. Newsletters I've heard that newsletters helps getting traffic but I haven't try that. Will let you know if it works. So, what are your comments?
+0
Leslie Combs

890 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2007 8:10:48 PM

Thank you for the valuable information. I will definitely be able to use

it to help promote my business and just possibly help others as I pass

it on. Keep up the good work.

Turn your dreams into reality

Leslie

Turn Your Dreams Into Reality Leslie Combs community.adlandpro.com/go/ladyliberty51/welcome.aspx, http://www.ezinfocenter.com/7338490/Free http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/78305 http://www.pluginprofitsite.com/main-5734
+0
Re: HEAR, HEAR! My sentiments E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!
3/24/2007 9:25:39 PM

I was so struck by the sagacity of Mr. Cotrell's comments that I was moved to addend some personal experience recently gained in this arena. As this is first and foremost a Business Marketing Network, I expect that other members will alert me to their various offers of memberships in programs that they're promoting.  Adland, I feel, is one of the original and best in that regard. The freedom of exchange of BUSINESS ideas, exposure, and the mutual benefit of the community members, creates a unique synchronicity resultant in the success of the entire community. I expect that when I am approached by any of the multitude of my community, I will be free to bring to bear all my faculties hard-won by years of experience in business (both on- and off-line) and interpersonal relations skills in regard to first contact between unfamiliar
individuals in business negotiations.  I expect that if I pose questions or make statements on behalf of a product/service offered to me or my company, it is in those interests that I will choose to proceed by the conclusions of my OWN analysis.  I also expect that either party is able to freely exchange information as to their perspective endeavor. And that either party is free to decline/accept the services of the other at personal discretion.  With mutual notification of the level of interest between parties explored, a business interaction is forged. There are those who, for some strange reason, just don't get those concepts (or maybe it's way too over their heads to think that just MAYBE there are differing business paradigms - even ones based on REAL WORLD concepts. Picture that).  So just to help reaffirm Mr. Cotrell's driving point, I'm even going to provide a feat as a cunningly linguistic semiotician in rearranging his words to still mean what he says yet says what I feel...........

"The reality is, as anyone who has been online for any length of time knows, you will NOT make money that easily.... People rush to the cyber gold rush totally unprepared, and ..........start paying out money left, right and centre for every program that promises easy wealth with no work, until their credit cards are maxed out and they really are desperate. 

You CAN make money online if you do things properly......Instead of thinking in terms of thousands of visitors coming to your site (who never buy anything), you need to think in terms of ONE person coming to your site who wants what you have to offer, who actually BUYS something from you! Then you need to think about ONE more person coming to your site who wants what you have to offer, who actually BUYS something from you! Then you need to do it again and again and again. One person who buys what you have to offer is better than ten thousand visitors who buy absolutely nothing! "

I have NEVER been a fan of those pyramid promotional marketing programs where you have to pay in before you can expect to see financial benefits, always hyped by ways to not do crap and just sit back and rake in the dough (like thousands of herd-mentality afflicted sufferers, whose financial woes will be banished by either their lucky Powerball jackpot or a visit from Publisher's Clearing House - and I was seeing this on the text-only Pre-Internet, so it's REALLY tired), because I'm too busy actually promoting (and selling)
informational products and services designed to deliver benefits to those in need of them. In other words, I know my target market. In the event that I expand outside of it, I ensure that the marketed products/services are of a nature that is truly universal in need and appeal.  I always assume that no matter how great I think those offerings are, not everyone will readily agree with me on that and they are free to let me know they're bypassing on my offer as am I (or even between either party an openness to explore an unrealized avenue to the mutual economic benefit of both parties) theirs.  Feel free to let someone know about what you have - just don't beat them in the head with it. If you told me you're not interested, I have absolutely no problem with it That means that you don't feel as if what I have could benefit you. I'm certainly not possessed of the mindset that you didn't use your powers of perception to discern whether my offer fit a want/need (because, as REAL business people KNOW, people buy what they WANT), you didn't understand how "GREAT" my offer was, so I'm gonna keep after you until you break down and buy in just to get me off yer rump. Extrapolated to a multiplicity (25-45 per day), combined with my general emailaise with constantly replying a polite "no, but thanks" only to be re-mailed a "take a look at it, has many different benefits for you (or so my paraphrasing is the result of my language comprehension skills)". If you didn't respond with any kind of beacon that you wanted further info ( -or you let me know EXACTLY what you were into, I'd have for you in another conditional-upon-reply future email), that's pretty much it. And don't feel it's an attack on your endeavor for someone to feel that way. Being all about your own enterprise is complete immersal; it takes time to plough through the Frontpage manual and complete the domain acquisition and uploading of involved website creation, and find fresh content for free giveaways to forum posts and targeted traffic to contact, and perfect search techniques, and author e-books, and rapidly learn different software for business automation purposes, and wipe squash and beef off the kid's hands, and make sure wifey's lunch is ready so you can feed the kid again while you send her off to work and then hit the computer so you can do it all over again for howeverlong work cycle is (24/7).
Life is somehow that complicated, believe it or not.  Oh, and expect that either party has full vocalization abilities in terms of rebuttal. People LOVE that (lol!;).

+0
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/25/2007 12:14:16 AM
Hello Dave,

Right now, there's this quest to take advantage of Web 2.0 and other advanced techno-stuff. There's a craze to get the latest and the greatest.

Nothing really wrong with this, I guess. But with so much technology coming out, it's so easy to forget and miss the simple basics.

Thank you for this timely reminder.

Cheers!
Ricardo

+0
3/25/2007 4:29:19 AM

Hi Dave,

just a bit more about Ubuntu that I have discovered. It is a Linux programme and as such an alternative to Windows. I have discovered that it incorporates OpenOffice Org - which is the same as  Microsoft Office 2003, and also Mozilla Thunderbird. So it is a comprehensive equivalent to XP Pro for example. I have the programme in and it is excellent BUT the internet connection is still eluding me just for the moment.

My problem with the internet connection appears to be a wanadoo situation where I have to find the right internet connection telephone number to put into the Ubuntu programme - not as easy as it sounds!  However The Boss, being French is investigating the methodology and denying that the language can possibly be French!  As I often have the same problem with so-called English language sites I can understand her problem!

Anyway we are persevering for the moment - as the price is right!!

I have found it fascinating how many people are totally disenchanted with Microsoft - at least if the Forums I am reading is anything to go by. One company on e-Bay refuse to sell the new Vista programme as it is full of problems and bugs.  Great stuff eh?

Oh, and just as a final bit of nonsense, would you believe that the poor old laptop keyboard was wearing out and not being a touch typist, I was losing my way.  I ordered up (from Canada) replacement sticky transfers to put on the keys - and they work a treat.  About $2.00 if I remember correctly.  E-bay again.  In fact e-Bay now seems my major resource centre, as I buy all my computer supplies through them and have never been disappointed and get everything quickly and at great prices - blank cd's from Germany, Inks from France and Hong Kong, stickers from Canada - isn't it an amazing world?

Cheers,

Norm

Ad Books for Fun & Education

http://www.lulu.com/norman-clark

Norm Clark
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!