Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: FOURTEENTH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
2/5/2007 10:46:06 PM

Thank you Luella, John & team mates for giving us yet another  inspiring'Woman of Courage'                                                  CONGRATS APARNA !! 

thank you for being our 'Woman of Courage' now that i know your story i  can say even more now 'amie thumaka khub khub bhalobashai' [this dear friends is 'i luv u much n more' in Aparna's mother tongue Bengalee !!]  God bless you for being a blessing  to others in your own special way. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU !!! I am proud to call you friend.

much luv always

Pauline R

+0
2/6/2007 4:19:25 AM
Dear Luella and John, Steven, LaNell and Pauline,

I am overwhelmed at the love you all shower on me.
In the morning, I had just made a small and hurried post and had left for an Awareness Program in a school. I want to thank you all again for all your good wishes.

I am touched.

At the Leprosy Mission, we need your prayers. At a recent visit to The Premanada Hopital run by The Leprosy Mission in Kolkata, I was awestruck to find a person whose nose had been eaten away. Leprosy affects the soft tissues of a human being. How gruesome. I know we have wonderful doctors here at the Mission and they work on Reconstructive Surgery to plant a nose on to the person's countenance. He would soon have a nose. I walked up to him and when they introduced me as the person who brings them Funds, they all bowed their heads and I felt guilty myself at this show of humbleness. I couldn't but help crying. There was yet another person from the Sunderbans, whose family would not come to see him or take him home. The Leprosy Mission is there to take care of such individuals.

Carla, I thank you for the lovely roses, even when I was talking to the students at the school, they flashed on my mind a number of times and believe me, I felt LOVED. La Nell, Barb I love the flowers too.

I am blessed.

I would like to thank Luella and John for their warm and glowing hearts. Luella has written to me to say DipetaneSoutheast would support the cause and help the Mission.

I am moved.

God Bless,
Aparna Ganguli ---------------------------------------------- http://www.blukiwicorporate.com https://my.care.org/care/advocacy/aparnaganguli-687002
+0
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 10:03:53 PM

CONGRATULATIONS APARNA!!!!

You are what this award is all about - Loving, caring, & selfless!!

Have a wonderful day - you are in our thoughts,

Sheryl

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 10:54:32 PM

Dear Aparna,

I am moved and my heart breaks at the stories you tell about our brothers and sisters who have to endure such suffering.  They undergo not only physical, but also emotional trauma.  My prayers are with you, the staff, and with the patients.

I have a very good friend and I don't remember if he's been to Kolkata or if he will be going there shortly.  His name is Ravi Kapoor.  A wonderful, wonderful evangelist blessed by God.  I am going to tell him about the Mission and ask for his prayers.  Maybe one day he can go there when his schedule permits.  Let me know if this would be an option.

God bless you,

Luella and John

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2007 4:03:25 AM

What a BEAUTIFUL tribute Luella and John  :-)

Aparna, I cannot tell you what reading your story meant to me!  You are so deserving of this "Women of Courage" award and you are indeed, a BEAUTIFUL SOUL.

God bless you and all that you do for mankind.

Hugs, Jill

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!