Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: HELLO FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! COME HERE AND GIVE WEIGHTLOSS SUGGESTIONS!
1/31/2007 8:39:02 AM

Hi Carla,

You've got some great posts here. In my research and from past experience after pregnancies...........And NOW, when I do little besides sit at the computer! LOL!

The most important thing is exercise. Most people don't get enough of it. Even if you don't eat a lot. If you DO little, you'll still gain weight (or not lose it)

Know approximately how many calories you are consuming each day and exercise enough to burn more off. There are some interesting articles to be found online, that offer free and safe advise.

Another important step is eating habits. Stay away from a lot of fried, greasy foods, junk food and sugary drinks. Eat smaller meals more often. 4-5 each day for women and 5-6 for men. Many people will go without eating thinking they will lose weight....then benge on a meal, which puts even more fat into the body than if they'd stretched that meal out over a longer period. Never fill up!

My preferences and recommendations: (I'm not a doctor, of course!)

I like to start out the day with a light breakfast: oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits or maybe half a sandwhich with egg. (people with high cholesterol would have to limit eggs to 2-3/week, check with doctor)

just before lunch (hour or so) grab a fruit or veggie snack. Grapes, apple, peaches, broccoli, carrots, or even a couple cheese crackers. Something healthy to curb the appetite.

Light lunch of soup or light sandwhich, etc.

repeat mid morning snack.

Healthy supper: baked or grilled chicken, fish, turkey, beef or pork (again this needs to be checked if you have high cholesterol or possible heart problems) Chicken, fish or turkey are supposed to be the healthiest. A side of potato, rice or egg noodles. Corn, greenbeans or some other lentils. (toppings/seasonings, such as butter play a large roll, so use discretion)
Makes a healthy, light meal. Eat small portions, never overfill!

Lastly, repeat midmorning snack atleast an hour before bed, only if you feel hungry. The schedule would depend on your day. How many hours you're active (or inactive, but awake)

Back to most importantly......find a time to spend atleast 30 minutes each day exercising. Whether it be early morning, mid day or evening. Find out your target heart rate. An exercise does you no good if you do not maintain your target heart rate for atleast 30 minutes. For some it may be a steady walk, fast walk, and for many it may be a more figorous workout like jogging. (with the terrain around here, I can walk to the river and back and it's equivalent to a jog up the road, lol!) Take all factors into consideration.

Good luck to all and have a healthy, prosperous 2007!
Your friend,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2007 8:46:31 AM
Hello Angela,
Thanks for the advice and I hope people enjoy reading what you wrote!
THANKS EVERYONE for joining the forum and I'll see you all soon!
Luv ya'all,
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2007 3:27:15 PM

Hi Carla,

I have some good ideas that don't cost anything.

MOVE!! Even if it is just walking once a day. You can't lose weight if you are a couch potato.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Water is your friend. Drink with gusto, at least eight glasses a day.

PICK ONE THING YOU EAT EVERY DAY... ELIMINATE IT. If you have bread every day, quit eating it. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is not fruits or vegetables. Go through what you put in your mouth on a daily basis, and eliminate one of those things.

These will help you lose weight, painlessly.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2007 5:28:23 PM
 THANKS,DEB! Yes drinking water and aerobic exercise are necessary... thanks!
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2007 11:55:26 PM
Now we're talking guys!  You guys have some of the best suggestions that I have read in a long time.  I hope you are all speaking from experience.

I had to lose 35 lbs over the last two years.  It wasn't easy at first, but it happened because I did the following things:

1)  I replaced all of my drinks with water.  Not just any water, but mineralized water.  If you are dehydrated, your body can't release the fats from the cells and your metabolism will be low.  And, being dehydrated causes fatigue, therefore you more than likely won't want to do any physical activities.  Water also will help you feel full if you drink large quantity before you eat.  Drinking ice cold water can help burn over 430 calories per week.

2)  Walk and move around a lot.  I try to walk at least 45 minutes a day. I also do some easy stretching exercises.  Simple stuff!  Remember your basic jumping jacks, squats, windmills?  If you can do more, do what ever gets you moving.

3) Eat regularly.  I try to spread my food consumption out to 5 or 6 little times a day, but make sure you aren't over doing the calories.  Be sensible of what you eat.  Don't skip breakfast.  Most important, learn to control your portions.  I ate a lot of raw cucumbers, zuchini, tomotatoes, apples, brocoli, etc.  No carots and bananas.  Look up the alkalizing food list. 

4)  I gave up the following types of foods:  starches, sweetners (except stevia),  flour products, and yeast products.

I think the most important thing to start doing is drinking the proper amount of water each day.  Don't drink it all at once.  Spread it out over the day.  I have a video of Dr. Triglia explaining the proper use and essential drinking of water.

And, we are all here to encourage you when you need it.

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!