Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Would you leap naked from your steaming bathtub to...
1/25/2007 2:27:39 PM
This article was written by Canadian Robin Elliot. I would add only one sentence, which you will find under the article.

Would you leap naked from your steaming bathtub and run dripping to the bookstore to buy a book that was recommended to you by a conspiracy theorist?

Would you abandon your shiny new Lexus in rush hour traffic to meet someone who was referred to you by the local sociopath?

And would you deny your newborn baby daughter food for a month so that you could spend the money on an offshore investment seminar advocated by a known felon?

I think not.

One does not eagerly rent a movie suggested by someone who earnestly believes the United States is about to invade Canada. Birds of the feather, and all that jazz. We are judged by the company we keep, and losers and con artists generally share the information and contacts that fit with their choices and agendas.

By the same token, would you lie awake at night worrying about the fact that the neighbor’s dog barked at you, wondering if the carnivorous canine likes you or not, and whether or not he will tell his furry friends ugly things about you? Probably not. You take it from whence it comes. Losers generally hate winners. So when you’re attacked and discredited by a loser, take it as a well-deserved compliment.

I consider the guidance of champions to be of the utmost importance. The biographies of great people are a guiding light in my life. Seek the wisdom of the wealthy and the wise, apply it to your life and reap the benefits. And please dry yourself when emerging from the bathtub.

To the bolded sentence, I would add: "but some people would."

It's real easy to confuse 'con artist' with 'successful person' online because all we have is their words to go on. Unless we do our due diligence, of course .. which most people don't do because it's too much work and takes too long. 

Easier to just "try it out and see if it works"  and then wonder (1) why no one believes our posts and (2)Why no one clicks our links.  Sometimes, it's because of the *birds of a feather* others see us flying with.

Food for thought?

Linda

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Would you leap naked from your steaming bathtub to...
1/25/2007 2:54:58 PM

Hello Linda,

Thanks for the excellent article.  This is sage advice, very similar to what my first Sponsor, who became one of the Top 5 in Amway, back in the 70's, told me when I signed up.  One will never attain any higher level of success or prosperity than the levels attained by those with whom he associates.  One is definitely known by the company they keep, or as my Mother used to say, "You should be nice to everyone, but you shouldn't associate with everyone."

Thanks Again,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/25/2007 3:03:12 PM
Hi Linda,

That was a great article!

There are a number of issues in it and I want to expound a little on what you said about "due diligence". 

It has become a never-ending task to check out what is being said and to find out which thief is behind some of the online programs being offered.  I see new programs quite often now and I am amazed at the claims that are made.

Please keep putting this in front of people so more people don't just keep throwing good money after bad.

Thanks and Peace,
Leon
+0
1/25/2007 3:35:16 PM

Hi Linda,

This a very good article, and I enjoyed reading it very much. I have to agree with the author and with you as well...I love your after thoughts!

It is so true that we only have someone's word to go on, which really doesn't mean a thing because "talk is cheap". Anyone can say they are a successful Marketer, doctor, author, pastor etc., but unless we actually know the person we have no way of knowing if what they say is fact!

So, we do have to do our due diligence and check people and programs out before he jump head first into something.

I loved what you wrote here; "Sometimes, it's because of the *birds of a feather* others see us flying with. that is so true and very well said! People may not like that statement, but most people will look at someone and make an opinion solely on the company that they keep! So, be careful who you hang with, it just may be a reflection on you!

Thanks for sharing this Carol.

God Bless You,

Marilyn

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/25/2007 3:35:43 PM
Hi Linda,

As usual another great article! It is nice to have friends looking after friends - BRAVO!
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!