Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Does anyone network on myspace
1/19/2007 11:08:15 AM
MySpace is a great place for networking if you do it right. First of all, according to the MySpace rules, you CANNOT post links or promote your MLM company or its products. I know everyone does it, but it's AGAINST THE RULES. Plus, as you can see, it doesn't work. What works is MAKING FRIENDS, which is what MySpace is for (look at the logo, it says, "a place for friends"). NOT selling! Basically, if you make money from it, you can't post it. If you get caught, they delete your profile. I lose more good friends that way. Also, stay away from those "adders" designed to get you thousands and thousands of friends. MySpace doesn't allow those either. They delete all those profiles with adders and trackers when they find them. Another note, if you're in MLM, check your company's Policies and Procedures and make sure they allow you to promote this way. If they don't, I'd hate to see you lose your check over a policy violation! Meanwhile, MySpace says no last names, phone numbers, or email addresses in the profile. I think it's OK to exchange that info among friends, though. But not in the blogs or profiles. Am I the only one that read the agreement before I joined? (LOL!) Just remember, NO PRODUCT SALES on MySpace. Feel free to exhange information. "Freebies" and samples are a gray area; Just don't capture any information. Ebooks and things like that I think are OK as long as they're generic. Look at my profile as a guidelines. There are some links on there that will help you and keep you under the radar. You can learn about how to be more profitable in MLM and keep those MySpace leads coming for free: http://www.myspace.com/ecopow Hope that helps.
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2007 12:43:20 PM

They have groups there where you can post ads, I've tried it a few times but didnt really see any boost in site traffic.  I get the most online results here at Adlandpro community because we are in the same group of people everyday and there are lots of ways to advertise here.  The people here are regulars, so that makes it a comfortable and very responsive place to advertise.

I think Myspace and Yahoo, even though they are huge, have of tons of people who don't stick around long enough to get to know who they may be doing business with, those places don't have the "familiarity zone" and that we have here.  Adlandpro members have a protectiveness for each other, this is like a small town of neighbors.

+0
1/19/2007 3:37:56 PM
Simply posting links doesn't work for a lot of reasons. The problem people are having on MySpace is the same problem they're having on AdlandPro and Direct Matches, etc. The challenge is how to "market" your product/opportunity to people who are marketing their own. To do that, you have to be neutral between your oppourtunity and theirs. That way, they can't "sell" you. You'll get prospects on MySpace, AdlandPro and anywhere else if you focus on the PEOPLE. Anybody in any social network who tries to firehose me with an offer gets deleted. And I don't do it to others either. The subject is "who we are, what do we do, and how we do it"... not "buy my product, join my program".
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2007 4:43:51 PM
we have it all you guys. ads, groups, friends, and the blogz will be back soon and will be better then my space. oooooooooooo and you can make money too.
http://www.bizzyblogz.biz/signup.php/?refer=nanonmyway
+0
1/19/2007 5:23:07 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys... but I'm speechless.
+0