Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Link Says [Send Me A Messege] NOT [Send Me An AD] ...
1/8/2007 2:30:05 PM

Nice topic Kenneth. I agree with

"It's each individual's responsibility to learn when they get into anything, business or personal. It's a priveledge to teach when one knows how."

I have marketed online a long time now and I can be agressive at times. But I respect those who do not want to be bothered. I would like to point out that most communities like Adlandpro and a lot of others start you off with "Free classifieds and promoting" to bring you in. So, The newbie assumes the site to be for promoting. Most will not even become involved in a "Personal" touch. Most will not make friends and most are instructed to post their opportunties in the forums by whomever introduced them.

I recently had a mail from a newbie here in Adlandpro of whom I am mentoring, She was upset because some people were just taking their advantage to open new threads in her forum with their opportunity without permisson. Some were presenting the Same opportunty as She was,, But with their own links. This is the stuff I do not like to see in any community. The Overpowering post. And the sad part is that if someone overpowers you in an already active thread, You can't delete it without losing everything...;-(

We are ALL here to promote something. Or we wouldnt be here in the first place. We need to bring more post like this one so a newbie can see what its all about.

And by the way Kenneth,,, Thanks for the BizzyBlogz... I Love it and Leo and the staff there are just fantastic also...;-)

Peace, Sharon

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/8/2007 3:42:17 PM
Ken, Let me understand exactly what you are referring to. Over the profile there are two tabs. One says "send me a message" and the other says "Invite to be friends". If that is what you mean then it will come to my computer e-mail as "You have a new person". When I open, it goes to "Personal Mail" Adlandpro. ((My personal mail at my home is junk mail, cards, messages, ads., newspapers, flyers. etc.)) "Send me a message" could be an ad or all of the above items. "You have a new person", is not "you have a message (ad)". For sure that would be nice to have changed. You have a new person sounds like someone has been added to your friends list. Now to your original post, if I am understanding that you are referring to the profile "Send me a message". In checking with the administration of Adlandpro, I am told that ads are acceptable. When we join Adlandpro, we agree to be contacted by other members. That is not my consensus as I am tired of getting ads from people I do not even know. There are so many places to advertise here that I can not understand why anyone would waste all that time sending individual ads to my mail box. The administration says that when they get a poor return, they will discontinue the practice. In the meantime others pick up the practice. Where to advertise??? Go here and learn: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/515590.aspx Let's how others how to advertise properly.
+0
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/8/2007 4:49:16 PM

Mary,

Very nicely stated.

It is a pleasure to so many profesionals here at Adland.

Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+0
1/8/2007 5:15:10 PM

Hi Keneth,

It's good for you to be direct on this issue. But will they ever stop doing so? Well, it's not effective anyway; usually a waste of time & effort. Sometimes we learn the hard way.

I Did It My Way...........(latest by Arnold Swarzhenegger)

Daniel Leo Bruno ** Home Shopping ** Hot Amazing Items. Hundreds of Choices. Shop and Save. Smart Deals!!! http://danielleo.fscstore.com/
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/8/2007 6:24:07 PM

I THOUGHT THE DIRECT MAIL, WAS OKED FOR ADS, AND FORUMS IF THEY ARE INVITED. NOT THE SEND ME A MESAGE.  DO I HAVE THAT WRONG?--DON

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!