Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The 75th Edition Of The Person Of The Week (POTW) Forum!!!
12/24/2006 10:02:57 PM
o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Dr. Venerina Conti!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

John Sanchez       Dr. Venerina Conti 

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

This week’s Person of the Week is one the UK’s finest not to mention AdlandPro’s, his name is Roger Macdivitt. This gentleman is much beloved in the community and highly respected. His helpful nature has won him this week’s POTW award. We would like to say thanks Roger and keep up the good work. Congratulations Roger, enjoy your prestigious week in the bright lights of Adland!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Here's Roger's Bio:

Roger Macdivitt – 3rd June 1947 -?

Firstly please allow me to express how honoured I am to be voted as person of the week here at Adland.

Every week sees someone we love/respect or both being posted here so that we can take time to give them some special attention. I am humbled and proud to be represented among such people.

I have recently, by Kathy Hamilton and Aaron, and in the past, been asked to offer a biography and it is impossible not to repeat the main facts of ones life, however, I will do my best to try and give a different view of myself.

I was born in Guildford in Surrey, England and have lived most of my life within 30 miles of there ever since. I now live in Haslemere which is a lovely old market town on the edge of three English Counties, namely Hampshire, Sussex and Surrey.

My schooling was fairly uneventful except for regular teachers beatings for talking or fighting with other boys. I was not really a bad child just the product of a fairly poor family who had to defend himself, so as a child I developed a reputation for defending myself which is always a challenge to pack leaders. I survived but found formal learning and especially examinations very difficult. Give me an interesting subject and challenge me to research and I would excel, give me lines to learn or an algebraic formulae to learn in correct sequence and NO. So I grew up thinking I was stupid.

Imagine my surprise when, having left school, and entered the printing trade as an apprentice handsetting Compositor, I found that I had passed my City and Guilds examination. I was a qualified, time-served Journeyman. My whole life opened up in front of me.

At sixteen I had met my wife and we continued to see each other until just after my 21st birthday when, having just finished my apprenticeship we were married in a beautiful church in Godalming.

My parents weren’t too happy as they considered me too young to marry and were also sad that I had never been able help them financially. I had been the second child and my sister (two years my senior) was still living at home. Still they accepted it was happening and supported us as best they could in spirit.

My lovely wife looked forward to children and despite two miscarriages she bore me two wonderful daughters. They have been a source of pride to us. The elder has given us two adorable daughters who are a credit to her and her husband and our younger daughter has got married this year and hopes to extend her family too. My life and my wife’s are enriched by our family.

I continued to work within printing for many years and worked at various related tasks but always within communications. A financial partnership failed and I found myself ill, with a wife and two children and a legal battle which, although technically won, gave us nothing. I took my printing design experience over to my hobby and started a gardening and design business which continued until very recently.

I have always been involved in self-employed business groups and one such group led me to take a course in Hypnotherapy and NLP. My love of people made this a natural for me and with arthritis in much of my body starting to make gardening difficult I moved into a new sphere.     http://tempuri.org/tempuri.html

I have been involved in Telecoms and MLM and as a disability support worker, I have networked on and off line and developed a Travel Business. As I said before, if I’m interested it’s easy.

Through my NLP I now know that I am far from stupid and I’m able to use my knowledge to work with vulnerable people including children. I make use of stories to wrap up problems and to write them away. I carry out many other therapies, all of which are carried out by the power within my clients. I just facilitate. I love people and helping. It’s what I do best.

My challenge in the past two years has been a problem with short-term memory but I have managed to turn this to my new task, namely, acting as somebody who has a problem understanding a procedure or a programme and putting it to use. I now try to ask the questions that others are embarrassed to ask (sorry I don’t understand) companies and website owners etc. I can also ask my own ‘‘don’t understand or remember’’ questions.

I love to be loved and to love, don’t you?

I have re-discovered my Christian faith in a way that works within my life. I am now still in love with my wife of 38 years marriage, have a lovely family and many friends. Ill health has meant that money has been an issue but I am now reversing that trend with great programmes online.

I’ve had enough of saying I, so over to you at Adland. Proud to be your friend.

Teamwork is really important and is reflected in my Adland website links. If you work as a team and you don’t know the answer somebody will and they will enjoy helping.

Roger Macdivitt, December 2006

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Folks, it’s now time to congratulate Roger on having won the POTW award, please invite him to join your list of friends if he isn’t already not it.

Roger, thank you for all you do in the community. It is truly an honor to be featuring you this week. We love and appreciate you my friend, enjoy your week as our POTW and King of Adland!

Love and Blessing to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Dr. Venerina Conti

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

IF YOU HAVEN'T VOTED FOR THE 76th POTW YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SO TODAY AT:

76th POTW Poll < CLICK THERE!

New POTW nominations forum at:

Nominations Forum < Click There!

+0
Michael Derowin

770 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The 75th Edition Of The Person Of The Week (POTW) Forum!!!
12/24/2006 10:13:57 PM
Hello John and Dr. Venerina, CONGRATULATIONS ROGER ON BECOMING THIS WEEK'S P.O.T.W. Roger this is an HONOR you have earned for all the work you do here at Adland. Enjoy your week in the Spotlight my friend. Wear the Crown of our King of the Week with pride and have some fun. Rogeer this is a real great Xmas present. Many Blessing's Michael
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2006 10:42:04 PM

Hi John and Dr. V

Thanks for inviting me to the forum.

Hi Roger,

You have lead a very hard, but interesting life. I would like to congratulte you on being the POTW .. I enjoy your post and reading in your forum. You certainly deserve this award..! I also enjoy having you as a dear friend.. no matter what I've ever  asked you have always given me a wonderful reply. Thanks for being my friend I truly do treasure you and all you do here at Adlandpro..

Merry Christmas my friend and Happy POTW

Blessings as always,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2006 10:42:36 PM

CONGRATULATIONS ROGER
+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/24/2006 11:14:40 PM
Congratulations Roger,

Enjoy your week,
Blessings, Gerri

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!