Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Never type the urls in your ads anywhere..
11/30/2006 10:04:06 AM
Hello there,

Is this a private conversation or can anyone join in? lol

You wont believe it - i have just received the third mail in a series from a customer who wants his angels and he keeps typing his address wrong, so I cant write back to him.  And this poor guy even knows that there are problems with his email address!.

Thought of this forum discussion when it happened!.

Love
Jenny

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/30/2006 11:07:55 AM
Open to anyone Jenny.. :) What does the wrong adress look like? Sometimes it's possible to guess the correct adress. Could you use a form that requires the sender to enter the emailadress twice? Reduces chance of typos.
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/1/2007 7:19:28 PM
Good advice Roger.

I was just over at a paid ad site I use sometimes and one of the advertisers typed an incomplete URL into the form when they submitted the ad. 

Needless to say, they've wasted their $19.95 - $49.95 because their page can't be found.  They typed in something like www.incompleteurl.

Oh, and Rebecca, not being one to waste an opportunity for a click, I've taken your advice... :)

Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40? http://www.moremoney4me.biz
+0
Eileen Spiers

11 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/4/2007 9:44:39 AM
Thankyou Roger,you brought it to my attention that my link wasn't working,I knew about it but I was still very grateful.
+0
2/7/2007 9:03:48 AM
Hi Roger and everybody, I know this thread started as a 'do not type URL' thread, but then it evolved into a 'how to cloak' thread and I have a question. I've received feedback from people, some saying that to use 'tinyurl' is unprofessional and others saying to never use your aff URL because it could be stolen. What's the general consensus? I use hyperlinks wherever possible, but sometimes I don't have that option. Thanks!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!