Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Succeed With Day Hours Only?
11/21/2006 6:02:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope I have ended up in the right type of forum for the advice I need.

I have been trying to build a business in network marketing for the past 7 months. I work with a marketing team whose partner is Melaleuca, they really have incredible products and are a great company.  I have not succeeded, and am ready to give this up. I have had a lot of obstacles, but have kept on going. However, in the last week I have had a wake up call. I don't think I feel confident in being a mentor which is important in order to succeed, because I have not succeeded (one reason is I wasn't trained properly, the person who enrolled me did not follow the formula). But mainly, I find that I am working a lot of nights, lots of prospects are reachable at night, and many training calls are at nights (it seems like people are working all the time rather then less). I am a  single woman in nyc (most of my team mates are stay at home moms), and have a strong desire to be free at night to have fun, date etc. At first, I thought I would do this only for a limited time, but have let myself get sucked in, and have become resentful about this.

Is it possible to do this business during the day only and succeed?

I appreciate your advice.

AutumnRed

+0
Re: Succeed With Day Hours Only?
11/23/2006 4:06:22 AM

Hello AutumnRed

Welcome to the forum........what a great question.

I have been involved in network and internet marketing since 2002 on a fulltime basis.

Like yourself I desired to build my business on line within my time constraints.

Can you promote internationally on line?......I am located in the Netherlands and to function in the US market a lot happens in the early morning hours for me ( I am 6 hours later in the day than you), but Australia is 12 hours ahead of me , so there is a time that fits everybody

Think of yourself as YOU, INC rather than just a Melaluca distributor, start building a emailing list for YOU, and promote yourself first, and use Melaluca as one income stream......btw NO Network marketing company really teaches how to build YOUR business, they teach how you can be a commissioned salesperson if you really think about it

My business building changed forever when I discovered Magnetic Sponsoring,,Mike has a free 10 day email course,,,there is also a hard copy guide for a small one time fee,,,,,,,,

Ask your self this question....WHY do I want to be in business? Then make a decision to stay or quit.

Let me know if I can help in any way

Leo Hanes 850-266-7903 Discover your very own incredibly successful step by step method of creating an ongoing online income: Free "Sneak Peek" - One Week Marketing Action Plan
+0
11/23/2006 11:56:53 AM
I want to interject here for a moment. Here's the title and description of this forum.

Forum Name: Network Marketing
Forum Description: Viral Marketing and Downline Building Advice. A place to ask questions about network marketing. No ads please. This is a moderated forum.

The reason I have set it up this way is to encourage people how to market theirself. The product/service will only be sold when the seller is reputable. Sam Walton was famous for getting his name out to the masses and whatever was in his stores sold because of it.

Remember, your name is your store. Your products are what they seek. If you reverse this you become one of thousands competing for the same sale. Then it's down to who yells the loudest, spends the most in advertising, and whatever cut throat tactics can be thought of to win a customer.

As for Sam Walton the money came to him. For those that try to sell they are chasing the money.

What do you wish to be?

Kenneth
+0
11/23/2006 6:12:53 PM

Building a business, online or offline is hard work and long hours, until the business is established,

Online, you must have a domain name, a website that you are in charge of, which means you can put on what you want, when you want and where you want. You must treat it as a property that you can develop, enhance, beautify etc. to your satisfaction and requirements.

Replicated websites, for the most part, only build businesses for other people so maybe that's why you are not succeeding. The owners of the websites are smiling all the way to the bank though.

If what I have said applies to you in any way and you want to communicate more, feel free to contact me.

Reginald

DREAM. COMMIT. ACHIEVE. See how individuals and families all over the world have added value to their lives through the freedom that comes from additional income. http://www.regilow.mysyntek.com
+0
11/30/2006 2:50:00 PM

Hi,

I want to thank everyone for all your responses, and for your invitations to be Friends. I did not expect a response like this, but this shouldn't surprise me since this is a marketing forum, LOL!!!!!!!

For the past week, I am trying to pinpoint why I haven't succeeded. I basically keep coming back to the same answer, the intense desire not to work in the evenings and weekends. Ironic, how I ended up with what I would never accept, in looking back, I did not pay attention to this core desire that I have. Well, I guess this is how the Law of Attraction works!!!!!!!! After 7 months, I had enough of planning my life around  making sure I am home by a certain time to make phone calls at night, and some weekends, and send out lots of emails on the weekends (by the way, I am very comfortable, upbeat, and I like making phone calls). I would rather make less money than have a life that is unbalanced. Also, I don't fit in with the marketing team, who are mainly stay at home mothers. I believe in the products, they are great for families, as I mentioned I single. I don't have a need for so many products, even though the minimum order is low, which is great when you are a family. I hope I don't sound like I am complaining, because I have learned and grown a lot from this experience.

We don't have to pay for our websites, all members have the same exact site. There is nothing that can be changed, which doesn't bother me. The only time someone will see my specific website, is when I/we use leads that are specific to my team and me.

I need to stay very close to my core desire, and find an opportunity that I can work during the day. I hope one exists.

Feel free to make comments

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!