Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I asked My Dad What He is Thankful For...
11/19/2006 8:21:18 AM

Hi Geketa, I have a few good friends here at Adlandpro, and you are one of them. I'm believe all things happen for a reason, and I thank God for that!

PS: We heard from my mother yesterday. She has arrived in the Ukraine and has already started meetings as of last night. Please keep her in your prayers!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2006 8:22:58 AM

Hi Roger, I will pass the word on to my Dad. And you are welcome to make your list as long as you wish!!!

+0
11/20/2006 12:03:58 PM

Hi , Happy Thanksgiving to you.

I love what your father listed, and I share that also. I am thankful for My Heavenly Father and His Son ,my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ,for the gift of the Holy Spirit, for the Love they give,the blessings they provide , the scriptures , for family and friends. For letting me know his will and how I am to serve him...... and everything even to preparing for all the gift of eternal life. Thank you for asking your Dad for what he is thankful for and sharing with us .

(Ms)Billie

Billie J. Rice
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 2:24:19 PM

You are most welcome Billie, thanks for stopping by and leaving your post, and Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend!

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/28/2007 5:27:25 PM

Hi James,

It was truly wonderful to take part of your fathers long list. It cheers you up.
My personal list would be about my garden and my art, my friends in my faith, the Bahai faith, but the most I am thankful for is that I have gone from unbelief into belief in Bahaullah Who has given me a World Explanation. Why the world looks the way it does, why humanity is behaving just like in the days of Noah, eating drinking all the while it is sawing frenetically on the branch where it sits. I am thinking of the destruction of nature's mileu without which we cannot survive. Now I know through the Teachings of the Bahai Faith that we are going to survive. I was truly anxious that mankind would cease to exist, how horrible!I loved my kind, mankind.
However, we will be forced to hold each others hands across all borders and create a political peace first out of necessity. Later there will be a spiritualization of manklind in the centuries to follow. We Bahai's have been given a realistic vision of that future where "force will be the servant of Justice".
Thirty seven years ago I was sick with worries over the possible  complete destruction of the atmosphere and with it the whole of mankind if we were to continue to cut down the rainforests at the speed held in the 70ies. Within 50 years from then on we would according to scientists have about 40% oxygen left to breathe. The rainforests are the lungs of the earth. The threat seemed indeed real. I read about it in the newspaper. The prediction, done so long ago seems to be true enough. The world, that is the politicians, are however wakening now, but at that time in -74 I was comforted by the Manifestation of God for this age, Who gave me the vision of a very bright future for mankind. That vision I have presented elsewhere, at my Forum with the title World Unity is the Goal.
I needed a realistic vision, don't you? It lays out in detail how that long awaited global peace, based on  divine laws really  is going to look like. We need to learn to love mankind as a whole. I loved it,  therefore I guess I was given this Faith, to strengthen this love still more.

Kind regards
from Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!