Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It is amazing what some people will do for a buck...
11/18/2006 11:43:58 PM
Hi Linda, It sure didn't take you more than a couple of seconds to figure it out, did it? Lol! What Mike is doing is absolutely brilliant. As I posted in my own forums, he is essentially paying $2 per lead to build his list - which is really cheap for good leads (and these ARE good leads - they are obviously responsive.) The fact is that the report, I'm sure you will admit, is good information, and well worth the price of...free. But yes, Mike doesn't just give away money for nothing - he's much too smart for that. He's created a way to buy fresh, responsive leads for less than half price, with an army of enthusiastic people to do the legwork for him. What is quite funny (another forum) is that the vast majority of people who are recommending the report haven't read it and are simply cutting and pasting the one piece of ad copy that's in the member area (I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE!) That's not marketing; that's shooting blind with buckshot hoping to hit a pin... I think this means that a lot of people can use a little email from Mike. They might just learn something useful. And they might just learn how to make more than just a buck. God bless, Dave
+0
11/19/2006 1:50:36 PM
Hi Linda and all,

A point was made about sharing this offer with 'your' list and continuing the cross pollenation along with what you would do for a buck.

Let me give you my senario on this.

This offer I made to safelists and forum postings only to help build my own list. This never went out through any autoresponder or any of my opt-ins. Purely for new recruits. I have seen others slamming it at anyone as you say 'for a buck'. Sending it to any email address they can find, whether in newsgroups, emails they received from others with more than one address, etc. etc.

But to say someone is selling you and your sister is a little exagerated (IMHO). If I ask you and you accept you chose to take the offer, not forced. And if your sister got it from you asking her I had nothing to do with that.

Now Mike's offer is no different than Bogdan's here at AdlandPro except for the money. We all promote a product of some kind for someone else. If you decide to take my offer you become a part of my downline a well as the company owner I am an affiliate of. If I recruit members to AdlandPro they become my downline and Bodgan gets benefits from my recuits as well in sales and their email address for offers he would like to make. His offer, as payment to me, is in credits to the system and not money. I earn a percentage from upgrades and sales of services offered.

Different products, different values, one common goal. Making honest money on the internet.

Thanks for the topic. Hope it makes all go 'hmmmmmmmm'.

Kenneth
+0
11/19/2006 2:25:06 PM

Hi Dave;

===============
It sure didn't take you more than a couple of seconds to figure it out, did it? Lol!
===============

I've been around a L-O-N-G time. *sigh*  lol. My first marketing campaign was in the seventies. Gosh, that seems like a long time ago.

===============
The fact is that the report, I'm sure you will admit, is good information, and well worth the price of...free.
===============

Really, I think whether it's good information or not depends on who is reading it.

Do you know what strikes me as sad, Dave? It seems there are two definitions for "internet marketing."

• Definition #1  is "the selling 'how to make money online' programs"
  • Definition #2 is "marketing a real product or service via the internet"

20 years ago, we could open the newspaper to the classified section and find a column of 'bizopps.' That column might contain one or two "real" business opportunities like franchises, etc. But, mostly, they were people running ads about envelope stuffing and other "how to get your mailbox full of checks" ads. If you were gullible enough to respond, you'd get a letter that says to run the same ad they do.

Today all that same tripe is online, and it's called "internet marketing." (def #1)

In my world, "internet marketing" is knowing how to sell a half a million dollars worth of coffee beans, or six figures worth of any "real" products or services offered by an entrepreneur working from home. (def #2)

The number of people chasing definition #1 makes me sad. What makes me even sadder is that they have NO idea what they are doing, are doing it poorly and then wonder why "the internet" doesn't work for them. *sigh*

===============
What is quite funny (another forum) is that the vast majority of people who are recommending the report haven't read it and are simply cutting and pasting the one piece of ad copy that's in the member area (I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE!) That's not marketing...
===============

Nope. It's not marketing. They gullibly help line the coffers of the people who are experienced and savvy as biz-opp sellers - and don't even see what they're doing.

What's really funny is that Mike talks about *that* in his report, too. He says not to just "copy and paste" -- and then he gives copy because he KNOWS people aren't going to listen anyway. LOL.

So...
1) Don't cross pollenate your list (but if you give this away, you get $1)
2) Don't copy/paste. Write your own copy (but here's copy if you want it...)

LOL. As they say - live and learn. I sincerely believe the only real failure is not making mistakes and learning from them, but failing to learn from one's own experiences.

: )
Linda

+0
11/19/2006 2:48:16 PM

Hi Ken;

===========
But to say someone is selling you and your sister is a little exagerated (IMHO). If I ask you and you accept you chose to take the offer, not forced. And if your sister got it from you asking her I had nothing to do with that.
===========

I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean *sold me* the same way you'd sell a slave or a piece of goods. lol. Nor did I mean that anyone was forced to do anything.  What I meant is this:

Let's say "Joe Blow" read your ad and downloaded the report through your link. Let's say "Joe Blow" is new online and isn't on forty thousand lists yet. lol. So, now Joe gets email from TWO people. You... and Mike Filsaime.

When Joe DOES buy something internet marketing related, who is he more likely to buy from? You? Or Mike? If Joe becomes a die hard follower - will he be following you? Or Mike?

Now, *you* might be reasonably confident that you can convert at least some decent percentage of your list. But -- do you think *most people*  promoting the free report can say the same? I don't think so. There's not too many people that can hold a candle to Mike's marketing skills. Once he has the names, they're his.

Thus, most of the people promoting the report sold their subscribers. To Mike. For $1.

===========
We all promote a product of some kind for someone else.
===========

No, actually, we don't. Or - at least - not in the same way. If you see my definitions of "internet marketing" (in my post to Dave) you'll understand what we mean.

Let's take two of my clients, for example. Each of them sells in the high six figures annually. Neither of them is hawking *internet marketing* programs.

On the internet, there are four groups of people. We can be in more than one group at the same time.

#1: The one selling goods/services UNsuccessfully
#2: The one selling goods/services successfully
#3: The ones selling "Internet Marketing/Biz-Opps" UNsuccessfully
#4: The ones selling "Internet Marketing/Biz-Opps" successfully

Mike is in groups #2 and #4

People need to ask themselves these questions...
--- Which group am I in?
--- Is it the group I want to be in?
--- If not, which group do I want to be in?
--- What do I need to learn & do to get there?

Fortunately for the people in group 4, *most* people don't ask questions.
They just do whatever the people in group #4 tell them to do.

: )
Linda

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!