Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adventist Belief Number 26 - Death and Resurrection
11/5/2006 1:59:14 PM

Geketa, we'll have alot of catching up to do with all the Honored Guests at that table!

+0
Marisol Sosa

757 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
THE RESURRECTION: FACT OR FICTION?
11/5/2007 2:33:05 PM
Did Christ really rise from the dead? "Christ has indeed been raised from the dead." (1 Cor. 15:20,NIV). Jesus said, "...I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!..." (Rev. 1:18). God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. (Acts 2:32). It is true! The Lord has risen....(Luke 24:34). I know that my Redeemer (Jesus Christ) lives,.... (Job 19:25,NIV).
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE RESURRECTION: FACT OR FICTION?
11/6/2007 1:14:44 AM

Amen Sister Marisol! Thank you for waking up this forum thread!!

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/23/2007 2:18:23 PM
    Hello friends

The cornerstone of religion is the gift of life after death.
In the most recent of Gods revelations , the Bahai Faith we can read:

"....regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving-kindness and bounty. The movement of My Pen is stilled when it attempteth to befittingly describe the loftiness and glory of so exalted a station. The honour with which the Hand of Mercy will invest the soul is such as no tongue can adequately reveal, nor any other earthly agency can describe. Blessed is the soul which, at the hour of its separation from the body, is sanctified from the vain imaginings of the people of the world. Such a soul liveth and moveth in accordance with the Will of its Creator, and entereth the all-highest Paradise. The Maids of Heaven, inmates of the loftiest mansions, will circle around it, and the Prophets of God and His chosen ones will seek its companionship. With them that soul will freely  converse, and will recount unto them which it hath been made to endure in the path of God, the Lord of all worlds. If any man be told that which hath been ordained for such a soul in the worlds of God, the Lord of the throne on high and of earth below, his whole being will instantly blaze out in his great longing to attain that most exalted, that sanctified and resplendent station.....The purpose underlying their revelations" (The Messengers of God)"hath been to educate all men, that they may, at the hour of death, ascend, in the utmost purity and sanctity and with absolute detachment, to the throne of the Most High. The light which these souls radiate is responsible for the progress of the world and the advancement of its peoples. They are like unto leaven which leaveneth the world of being, and constitute the animating force through which the arts and wonders of the world are made manifest.
....The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation..."

"...concerning the nature of the soul. Know , verily, that the soul is a sign of God,
 a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize  His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.
Whoso hath in this Day, refused to allow the doubts and fancies of men to turn away from Him Who is the Eternal Truth, and hath not suffered the tumult provoked by the ecclesistical and secular authorities to deter him from recognizing His Message, such a man will be regarded by God, the Lord of all men, as one of His mighty signs, and will be numbered among them whose names have been inscribed by the Pen of the Most High in His Book....
Verily I say, the human soul is exalted above all egress and regress. It is still, and yet it soareth; it moveth, and yet it is still. It is in itself, a testimony that beareth witness to the existence of a world that is contingent, as well as to the reality of a world that hath neither beginning nor end."
                       Excerpts from Gleanings from the Writings of Bahaullah

O SON OF THE SUPREME!
            I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost                         thou  grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendour. Why dost                 thou veil thyself therefrom.

O SON OF SPIRIT!
            With the joyful tidings of light I hail thee: rejoice! To the court of                         holiness I summon thee; abide therein that thou mayest live in                           peace for evermore.

O SON OF MAN!
             Wert thou to speed through the immensity of space and traverse                        the expanse of heaven, yet thou wouldst find no rest save in                               submission to Our command and humbleness before Our Face..

O SON OF MAN!
             Thou art My dominion and My dominion perisheth not, wherefore                        fearest thou thy perishing? Thou art My light and My light shall                           never be extinguished, why dost thou dread extinction? Thou art My                    glory and My glory fadeth not; thou art My robe and My robe shall                       never be outworn. Abide then in thylove for Me, that thou mayest                       find Me in the realm of glory.
                                                       Verses from Hidden Words by Bahaullah

In this most recent of Gods Revelations the Bahai Faith, many things are revealed about these things, about immortality and the life of the soul. Things we couldn't bear to know 2000 years ago according to Christ.Now , in this age we are more mature and receptive.

See www.Bahai.us. and or www.Bahai.org.

Greetings from Laila Falck

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2008 7:45:12 PM

James,

Hi . Interesting Topic. Here's what I believe.

Until the final resurection there are 4 places the soul can reside.

Most of us know of Heaven - place where we will see God and Hell - place where, after seeing God and all His beauty, will never see Him again. The knowledge of never seeing Him again is the True Pain of Hell. Like a forever withdrawal from drugs!

The other 2 places are similar but with exceptions.

Limbo: Only difference between this state and Heaven is you have not seen God yet but still enjoy an emense state of Happiness. Unbaptised innocents are placed here awaiting their test of Loyality. The timing is unknown but believed to be sometime during the last days of mankind.

Purgatory: Similiar to hell, but not permanent. After soul is cleansed from any due punishments it is released to Heaven.

Thanks for the chance to share views with each other.

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!