Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ruby Garson

151 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Do's and Don't for Proper Postings
11/1/2006 12:45:13 AM

Hello All,

I have created this new thread, because there seems to be a great need.  This is going to be a thread about the do's and don't with regards to not only this forum, but also to posting in personal ads and sending ads to peoples personal emails.

I joined this forum a month prior to actually becoming active in it.  I liked what I saw and joined even though at the time I was unable to devote the time.  Once I was able to, I started to participate.  Since then, a few things have occurred to me.  This is what I will share.

In the actual two to three weeks of being active, I have had people blast their adds in every type message to my personal email.  To the tune of 90+ messages a day. 

Hint:  If I don't respond to the first five or six messages, I probably won't.  Mostly because I don't have the time presently.  I have created a list of opportunities that I will check more into as the time becomes available.  And I plan to do just that. 

So, once is enough for me.  As I do open each and every email I receive.

When I get extra time, after finishing with my email messages and other things, I do at times, log into the forum sceen.  Here just today, I went down an entire list, that just said thank you for the tips, I appreciate it.  The fourm had very little substance.  There was no meat to it.  Not worth my time to read.

Because of this, I would suggest the following:

First, If you are going to participate in a forum, do so.  Don't just "ditto" the person prior to you, creating a list of "I agrees" for all the future readers of the foum. It is ok for once in a while, but if 20 people before you have said the same thing, do you really need to repeat it?  I don't think so.  It hasn't happened in the threads of this forum, but I've seen it on several others.

Second, If you want to send your ad out to people, as the community allows, I cannot stop you.  However, do you really need to send it out to everyone, everyday, with no change in the message, and only to promote your business, and your product or prelaunch ?  I don't think so.  I would suggest, only sending out the same message once or twice a week.  If you want to send out a message every day, do it, but at least change the message or promote another aspect of your opportunity.

Third, If you send a personal message to someone, DO NOT send an ad.  This area is supposed to be for personal messages.  You are only going to upset people in this community. Including myself!  If you continue, they may stop being your friend and block all your messages.  and that would defeat the purpose of being here.

I hope this helps!  I am not trying to tell people how to run their business. 

I only wanted to explain what seems to be common sense to me.

Thanks for listening.  Any other do's and don'ts worth sharing, about sending ads and posting, please feel free to post.

Take Care and God Bless

Ruby

To Your Life Success, From Direct Response Ruby Garson Success University http://vur.me/DirectResponse1/SuGM NowYouCanSucceed@gmail.com Get paid to be entertained! http://www.E4L.BIZ/money.htm?RubyGarson
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Do's and Don't for Proper Postings
11/1/2006 1:27:54 AM

Hi Ruby,

You make some very good points and a lot of sense.

If someone want to send ads use the friends > direct contact option.

As you say the private message option is just for that, private messages.

The only threads where you should expect to see any I agree posts are the ones where people are sending their congratulations to someone for winning an award or a similar situation.  In those cases the previous posters usually have said it all and there is not a lot you can add if you get to the thread some what late.

This is a good community but it can be a bit daunting for the new comer until they have figured out their way around.

I haven't been around that long either just stick with it and you will get used to things as I am doing.

Got something you just cant figure out? Let your friends know as I do  and  someone will come forward to help you

Bj

+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2006 11:35:27 PM
hello Ruby...you do have some good points and I hope that it has helped...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2006 4:12:26 PM
Hello Ruby,

You have made a very valid point about an ongoing irritation at AdlandPro - unsolicited advertising disguised as private messages. It seems to be an incurable disease for some members, which fills up inboxes and often leaves very little time for reading real messages. 

It is just a question of good manners and common sense not to send adverts this way, but unfortunately, in many cases it is more time consuming  to remonstrate with the offender than to press the delete button.  Let us hope that your forum has convinced at least one person to stop abusing the PM system and then it will have been a tremendous success.

It is great to see that you have already found your way round this big and wondrous community.

I enjoyed your post on John Partington's forum and found you here on your own. The system works

Saludos
Jenny

+0
11/3/2006 9:44:30 PM

Hello Ruby,

I am new to internet marketing and advertizing so I have my businesses in my signature but not in my posts unless it is a 'Post your business here' kind of forum.  I am really a shy person about anything but my Jesus and my family.  I sometimes post things to congratulate someone or if I really have something to add.

My website is about my cats and it is copied from my full website on geocities. 

I can not invest in a lot of different things and I prefer to sell useful things or beautiful things like rings!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!