Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adventism and It's Fundamental Beliefs Number 20 - The Sabbath
10/22/2006 9:01:58 AM

Hi Jim,

good question,  no Jim all of the commandments are important to keep,  its not the keeping of the commandments that gets you saved.  Once you are saved by accepting Jesus as you Lord and personal Saviour. The Holy Spirit does the work of making you obey all the commandments . We are of the New Covenant see 2 Cor chap 3  here Paul is talking about when he went to a place  called Troas..... he had no peace of mind while presenting the Gospel and he goes on to say that we are the walking testimony of what the spirit can do and our lives should be........ if you go read it it will be better understood,  Paul mentions in vs3 of the same chapter ' not on tablets of stone;.......thats what it came to in times of old the true meaning was lost...the ritual continued...even so today if one follows the commandments just so thinking that will save him, no that wont,,,,its only the precious Blood of Jesus that will. Read the chap 3 to the end, and them pray and ask the Lord tospeak to your heart... come back if you have any more questions... I hope I've helped...take care dear friend, and stay blessed

your friend always

Pauline R

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2006 12:06:06 PM
Pauline, thanks for the come back. I couldn't agree with you more!
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2006 1:15:43 AM

Hi James,

I am sure you probably already know my answer before I post it .. I am a Messianic Jew and we observe the Saturday Sabbath. Starting on Friday at sunset , through Saturday Sunset ..

I believe that it is a commandment.

However, if you have something to do as Jesus said , if the ox is in the ditch get em out.. There are many that cannot observe Sabbath just as Kate stated she has to work. I believe this is where GRACE comes into play. I do not believe it is a sin to observe a Sabbath on a different day. G-d says work 6 and rest on the 7th . There are many that say every is a Sabbath. I disagree, but I have heard this before.

We have to realize that G-d for most and up-most looks on the intent of our hearts. The times we live in and the lifestyle we live sometimes forces us to not follow to the letter.. This is why  I feel G-d has given us Grace ..

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2006 10:35:11 PM

Geketa, worshipping on the Sabbath is obedience to the 4th commandment as found in Exodus 20:8-11 as you well know!

The reason we worship on Saturday, is primarily to receive the blessing that God promised for worshiping on that day. By the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, whom made the sacrifice for us, we should honor that request, not because we are forced too, but because we love Him and wish to be with Him in Paradise!

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2006 10:47:11 PM

Hi James,

I absolutely agree that we should keep the sabbath and  worship on Saturday !

But, that leads me to this for those that have jobs were they have to work as many companies sometimes require Saturday work. What are those people to do? Should they quit their job? What if they don't have the faith to find another one that dose not require them  to work on Saturday?

We see this all the time in our congregation it a long time long standing issue for many that would keep the sabbath if they did not have to work. 

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!